Thursday 8 Sept 08.45-09.30
EYC Workshops – find out about out Early Years Curriculum and how we use Tapestry. Designed for new parents, but all welcome.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. You can find the full uniform list here- http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Remember to send in your child’s named snack box and water bottle everyday.
- It is still warm outside at the moment. Please send a hat for your child to wear when playing outside.
- P.E and swimming days are on the timetable in your child’s communication book. Please send P.E kit, and swimming kit on the correct day! Please label all items with your child’s name!
- Tapestry On Line Learning Journal: New parents who have given us an email address to use for the Tapestry Learning Journal should have received an email to activate their account and set up a password. Existing parents should continue to use existing email and password and will receive emails when the Learning Journal is updated. Please let class teachers know if you have any difficulties with this.
- Tuesday 6 September 14:45 - 16:30, Second Hand Uniform Sale - The Gallery
LEARNING THEME: THINGS I LIKE
This week we will be looking at the book ‘Thing I Like’ by Anthony Browne. This book will be used as an aid to help the children to verbalise the things they like to do.
THE BIG QUESTION: WHAT DO YOU LIKE?
We have been sharing all about our families and the important people in our lives. Next week we are going to look at ourselves and ask ‘What do I like? ‘ We will practise asking this question to see what our friends like and maybe even what they do not like.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE
The children will continue to talk about their families and themselves, having a closer look at the things they like and don’t like. The children will be encouraged to share what some of their favourite toys and activities are with their friends through their verbal and creative skills. Working with a partner to discuss favourite things is a great way to encourage the childrens use of their vocabulary in a safe way.
What? Why? Favourite, like, dislike, listen, take turns, ask a question
Listens and responds to ideas expressed by others in conversation or discussion.
Speak to others about own needs, wants, interests and opinions.
Give meaning to the marks they make as they draw, write and paint.
We will play some simple phonics games with the children such as listening games. ‘What could that sound be?’ is a simple game which encourages children to use their imagination and listening skills and builds upon their vocabulary. The game, ‘ What do you see that starts with the S sounds?’, will help the children to listen more closely to how words are made up and what they have in common.
We will be using the shared information about what we like to make simple graphs. This will allow us to see which activity is the most popular in our class and which activity is liked the least.
More, less, greater than, less than, bigger, smaller, How much? How many?
THEME: We will review my family and start introducing my body
SONG : Heads, shoulders, knees and toes (头肩膀膝盖脚 )
Head 头(tou) Should肩膀 (jianbang) Knee膝盖 (xigai) Toe脚(jiao) Arm 手臂(shoubi) Leg腿(tui) Hand手(shou)
Deze week gaan we op reis met het vliegtuig. We bouwen de Nederlandse klas om tot een echte luchthaven met incheckbalie, een bagageband en een metaaldetector . Waar gaat de bagage heen? Wat kan je allemaal doen op het vliegtuig? We komen het allemaal te weten!
In Villa Letterpret maken we kennis met Mollie de Mol die ons reiswoorden in klankgroepen leert klappen.