- Tanzania Day - Friday 20 October, a donation 20RMB to raise funds for Kitefu Primary School. You can dress in the Tanzania flag colours; something linked with safari or just be creative!
- Theme: could I please remind parents that we are still collecting junk/recycling materials for our ’buildings’ theme. We need newspapers, plastic bottles, tin cans, glass jars, cardboard, boxes, tins and fabric.
- We kindly ask parents to stay in the playground in the mornings and encourage your child to come up to their classroom with their teacher and class.
Giving Tree Bags -
Each year, Giving Tree aims to provide children in need with a gift bag full of winter clothes and school supplies. The hope is that these children will one day pay it forward
and give to others. A programme of the Community Center Shanghai, it keeps the children’s preferences in mind with individualised bags and gives our students the opportunity
to hand deliver bags to the children who will benefit from them.
• This year the Giving Tree bags will be pre-filled, which will cost RMB185 and you are required to purchase a toy and an educational book for approximately RMB70.
• Alternatively, families can donate RMB250 for all items to be brought on their behalf.
• If you would like to participate, please sign-up by visiting the link below by Friday 27 October 2017.
Online payment for The Giving Tree
• Alternatively, you can make a cash payment in the school Uniform Shop.
• Bags will be sent home with your son/daughter and should be returned to school by Wednesday 15 November 2017.
• Bags will include instructions, helpful information and a gift card.
This year we have committed to fill 600 bags. If you have any queries, please contact Ling Coong (email@example.com).
This week in Literacy, the children will learn about the different types of sentences. Looking at a variety of examples of writing including stories, recipes and instructions, we will ask the children to identify key features of the sentences and ask them to highlight the difference between a statement sentence and an exclamatory sentence.
Sentence, exclamation, statement, imperative verb, question mark, exclamation mark
This week the children will be learning to tell the time. We will be looking at half past, quarter to, quarter past and learning about minutes and hours. Please take the ‘time’ this week to talk to your child about how to read an analogue clock.
Time, Half past, Quarter to, Quarter past, O’clock, Minutes, Hours
Buildings and Structures – The children will spend the week in the Da Vinci Centre constructing and evaluating a building to keep people safe in extreme weather conditions using a variety of materials.
Evaluate, analyse, culture, chronology, printing, structure, design, transparency, durability, waterproof
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
The children will use Espresso, a coding programme, to learn how to combine start events and click events to make a simple game. They will also use Tizzy Time to continue to learn about the key board and different function keys.
Computer, laptop, keyboard, mouse, screen, log in, password, i-pad, power point, slide, image, insert, impact
We will be reminding the children how to stay healthy, by the choices they make. We will also focus on hygiene and how to stay healthy by washing our hands after going to the toilet and before eating food.
Positive, rule, safe, friendships, keeping healthy, emotions, germs, instuctions
Bibberende skeletten, spoorloos verdwenen botten, een verdacht oranjekleurig schepsel, welk gevaar bedreigt toch het lieflijke Knekelstad? De beroemde speurneus Sherbot Holmes leidt gelukkig het onderzoek, gewapend met pijp en zakjapanner.
De kinderen van year 2 proeven deze week van het spannende griezelverhaal `Knekelstad` om daarna zelf aan de slag te gaan met hun eigen griezelverhaal.
In de spellingslessen verdiepen we ons in medeklinkerclusters .
Mandarin Y2 MNDC1/C2
Homework for this weekend: Complete worksheet on family members
Next week we will learn to talk about our nationalities.
Mandarin Y2 MNDC3
Homework for this weekend: Match pictures with correct numbers
Next week we will be covering the topic ‘Animals’
Key vocabulary: 老虎、熊猫、猴子、大象、袋鼠、长颈鹿。
Mandarin Y2 MNDCN