- International Week – Week beginning 26 March. Please join us on:
- Monday 26 March 8:25am in the Primary Playground as we begin our International Week with a song.
- Thursday 29 March 9:00am for our International Parade, we encourage all children (and adults) to come dressed in special clothing from their home country. Our Chatterbox café will be open for refreshments during this time.
- Do you want to read a story? We would like parents to come and read a story to the children as we are celebrating International Week. Choose a story related to a country of your choice and share it with the children! If you would like to participate, email your class teachers so that they can arrange a convenient time.
- Phonics will not take place next week as we will assess and re-group the children ready for the start of the next term.
Year 2 will look at stories from around the world in line with International Week. We will read The Baobab Tree and The Four Dragons.
Stories, cultures, read, share, International Week
This week we will learn about division. We will work at different division strategies using a number line and mental methods and then find the inverse. The children will use the RUCSAC method (Read, Underline, Choose, Solve, Answer and Check) to solve word problems.
Multiply, repeated addition, arrays, division, groups, word problems, number sentences
This week we will focus on activities related to International Week. We will compile a Fact file about the country we come from or have visited. We will also look at a world map and identify the countries where children say they came from and find the flag of each of the countries. Using the atlas and or internet resources children will locate where in the world rainforests are found and colour the countries that have them. They can then select one of the countries to find out more information.
Rainforest, animals, jungle, animals, dead, alive, habitat, Mammals, fish, Arthropods, Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians, food chains, layers, predators, prey, food chains
Children will learn about E-Safety and ways to keep safe on the internet. They will look at the personal details they cannot share on the internet. Using this information, they will create a poster showing the importance of keeping safe online.
Online, e-safety, safe, risk, personal details
Our PSHE theme this week is COMPASSION. Children will be learning what compassion means and about mindfulness and empathy. Children will be exploring what empathy means and in what situations we feel empathy and how we can help in those situations.
Collaboration, groups, teamwork, skills, cooperation
Deze week ontwerpen we ons eigen dinokwartet. We zoeken informatie op over verschillende soorten dinosaurs en bespreken verschillende criteria om hen te ordenen.
Tijdens de spellingsles oefenen we woorden met de voorvoegsels be-, ge- en ver-.
Mandarin Y2 MNDC1/C2-Ms Zhang and Ms Wang
Homework for this weekend: Finish worksheet on topic of Time (Part 1).
Next week we will study Book 4A Lesson 3 Time (Part 2).
Mandarin Y2 MNDC3-Ms Dai
Homework for this weeknd: Share a rhyme with your family.
Next week we will be working on the Topic of In the Garden. Children will be able to share what they can see in the garden.
Mandarin Y2 MNDCN-Ms Liu and Ms He