- ECAs cancelled Tuesday 6 and Thursday 8 March due to Parent Teacher Consultations after school (please double check your appointment times).
- International Week – Week beginning 26 March. Please join us on:
- Monday 26 March 8:25am in the Primary Playground as we begin our International Week with a song.
- Thursday 29 March 9:00am for our International Parade, we encourage all children (and adults) to come dressed in special clothing from their home country. Our Chatterbox café will be open for refreshments during this time.
- DVC Showcase: Thank you for taking part in our DVC Showcase! It was a great turn out.
- Phonics: We will resume with Phonics lessons this week.
Year 2 will continue to work on the Global Campus Activity and will create a comic book about a superhero who saves our planet with a focus on the environment; they will look at ways in which to save our planet. This topic is related to The Global Campus and some of the work will be chosen to enter a competition.
Why, who, where, when, if, what, commands, statements, letter, address, label, name, questions, demands, comic, speech, environment, super hero
This week we will learn about British money and learn to recognize the values of different denominations of coins and notes. We will use subtraction and addition methods to work out the money number sentences.
Money, coins, pounds, pence, add, subtract
This week we will start our Rainforest topic so we will look at the differences between things that are living, dead, and things that have never been alive. The children will explain how to identify, name, group and sort a variety of plants and animals.
Some of the questions we will ask are: How can we group animals and plants? What makes something alive? What do a variety of animals have in common?
Rainforest, animals, jungle, animals, dead, alive, habitat, Mammals, fish, Arthropods, Birds, Reptiles, Amphibians
Children will learn to program a sequence of actions and make a simple animation. They will create a list of instructions in order to complete the sequence and then use a timer to wait between actions, or to set a time limit on an action.
Our PSHE theme this week is COMPASSION. Children will be learning what compassion means and about mindfulness and empathy. Children will be exploring what empathy means and in what situations we feel empathy and how we can help in those situations.
Collaboration, groups, teamwork, skills, cooperation
Deze week gaan we volop van start met de repetities voor het SDS TAALstraattheater. We oefenen het ritmisch voorlezen van onze klankgedichten en gaan op zoek naar passende instrumenten voor ons klanktheater.
Tijdens de spellingsles oefenen we medeklinkerclusters (mmkmm – woorden).
Mandarin Y2 MNDC1/C2-Ms Zhang and Ms Wang
Homework for this weekend: Finish worksheet on topic of “Telephone Numbers”.
Next week we will study Book 4A Lesson 2 “Languages”.
Mandarin Y2 MNDC3-Ms Dai
Homework for this weekend: Read the poem then draw pictures.
Next week we will be talking about family members.
Mandarin Y2 MNDCN-Ms Liu and Ms He
下周我们将学习课文 《两个谜语》。 同学们能借助拼音读准“课、红、圆、这、也、西、都”7个生字的字音，并能在不同的语言环境中正确认读这些生字；认识部首“右耳旁”；能借助拼音正确朗读课文；课上做一些猜谜语的游戏或自编谜语，培养学生的创新思维以及猜谜兴趣。