We are delighted to introduce our enthusiastic members of Primary and Secondary Students Council in the academic year 2020-2021!
The Student Council was established to enrich students’ experiences at BVIS and to assist them in developing leadership, problem solving and teamwork skills.
In both Primary and Secondary, the Student Council’s aim is to represent the social and academic interests of the student body. The Student Council promotes school spirit and unity through their many activities. The student representatives are leaders who are inspire others whilst encompassing all the aspects of the School’s Mission Statement in their everyday lives.
Elected representatives meet regularly and are actively involved in:
- researching and resolving student issues
- organisation of social events
- reinforcing leadership and teamwork skills
The Student Council is well respected within the school community due to their ongoing commitment to making the school a better place for all.
BVIS students benefit from working collaboratively with the school’s Leadership Teams on whole school initiatives and development plans for the future: this is what makes the BVIS Student Council an integral part of the school.
The principle goals of the Student Council are to:
- create a comfortable, welcoming environment with clear communication and understanding amongst the students
- foster an environment in which all students respect, value and care for each other
- acquire the skills, attitudes and qualifications necessary to become successful, responsible global citizens
- to represent the Vietnamese perspective in the school’s decision making
Through this Mission Statement the Student Council aims for the school to continue to be a thriving environment of learning and understanding, both inside and outside the classroom.