Mr. Simon Higham, Principal
Our most recent Parent Satisfaction Survey that was concluded in January this year highlighted the ongoing strengths of our school:
- 99% of families think that their child receives a quality education from the school.
- 98% of families think that the school provides a stimulating learning environment.
- 98% of families think that their child feels safe at school
- 98% of families think that their child is happy at school
Of course, there were some areas from the survey, whilst strong against regional and worldwide averages, that we will continue to prioritise within our school development planning, both this year and beyond. These included:
- Developing more opportunities to improve global awareness across our school.
- Raising a wider awareness of, and developing further provision for, the NAE MIT STEAM programme across our school.
- Further improving our IT teaching facilities and over technology provision across the school.
Announcing our new Global Campus
In direct response to this feedback, I am very pleased to announce the new Global Campus Platform that can be accessed by all BVIS students. The aim of Global Campus is to help connect our school with other Nord Anglia schools and students across the globe as ‘we learn better, together’.
You can access Global Campus in 4 small steps?
1. Access the school website HERE
2. Click on ‘Parent Essentials’.
3. Click ‘Global Campus Login’.
4. Enter your child’s school username and password at BVIS
Click here to take you straight there.
This weekend, take time to support and encourage your child(ren) to access Global Campus, that is only available to Nord Anglia Education students.
- Global Campus Junior (for under 8 years old)
- Global Campus Core (for 8 years old to 16 years old)
- Global Campus Senior (for 17 years old +)
There are opportunities for you and your children to engage and connect with the wide range of activities and earn special badges along the way.
Look out for more Global Campus information from me next week and some special news about the launch of our new Global Campus challenge that is coming soon on 6th October.
Meet our new teachers
This week, it is my pleasure to introduce Ms Anna Forrest who has been with our school since January 2020, covering a maternity leave and has now recently taken up her role as Primary teacher:
1. Where did you live prior to coming to Vietnam, what role did you have and what was the name of your previous school?
Before coming to BVIS in January, I taught at Sighthill Primary in Edinburgh, Scotland. Prior to training as a Primary teacher, I gained my Cert-TESOL qualification and taught English in a variety of settings in England, Austria and Thailand.
2. What were your first impressions of BVIS?
My first impressions of our school were formed during my interview, when Ms. Rosy spoke passionately about the unique bilingual environment. When I arrived, I was impressed by the incredible facilities here, and even more so by how enthusiastic the children were about their learning.
3. What is your teaching philosophy in short?
I believe that a school should be a nurturing place, where all children are able to develop socially, emotionally and academically. I hope that all the children in my care will develop a love for learning, as well as independent thinking skills.
4. What 3 things are you looking forward to doing whilst working and living in Vietnam?
So far, I’ve been able to visit many beautiful places in Vietnam and am looking forward to exploring even more of the country during our holidays. I would also love to go scuba diving. I loved seeing the Tet celebrations when I first arrived, so I’m really looking forward to the Moon Festival.
5. If you could sum up your experience so far in just one word, what would it be?
Please note that you can access all of our staff profiles on the school website within the ‘Our Teachers’ tab. This can be found here.
Should you have any questions, concerns or feedback regarding your child’s learning, please contact your child’s class teacher (Primary) or class tutor (Secondary) in the first instance. Our teachers are ready and willing to support you and your family in any way they can.
Teachers can be contacted directly through Class Dojo (Primary) and email. Our admin staff are also available to help and support using the numbers below:
- For all Primary Enquiries, please call:
(028) 3758 0709 / ext. 111
- For all Secondary Enquiries, please call:
(028) 3758 0717 / ext. 211
- For all enquiries linked to Admissions, please call:
(028) 3758 8033
On behalf of the whole staff, have a great weekend ahead.
Mrs Mary McAloon, Head of Primary
What a delight it was to see our Y3 and Y5 students performing on the stage on Friday to celebrate this year’s Full Moon Festival. Dressed in Ao Dai as we arrived at school, everyone was ready for the day of celebrations ahead and to receive their lantern as a gift from school.