“My daughter really enjoys coming to school. She misses it terribly during holidays. She misses her friends. She misses her teachers. Very often I have a struggle to take her home because she just wants to stay at school.” – Melanie Jones
The first day at a new school is always very exciting for children, especially when she or he has just moved to Jakarta and is still getting used to the new environment, house and tropical climate.
- You will already know who your class teacher is, because they will have sent you a welcome letter before you arrive
- On the first day, you will be welcomed at the Lobby by Miss Yolla , who will give your child their very own library bag, the gym outfit and cap and guide them to the classroom and new teacher
- One of your child's new classmates will be given the role of 'buddy' to ensure they quickly feel at home in and out of the class.
- For Early Years students, parents are encouraged to help ease the transition and together we will make sure we arrange what is necessary to make your child feel comfortable.
- The class teachers maintain close relationships with parents and will continually update them about their child’s progress during the first few weeks.
- After four weeks, parents are invited to an interview where first impressions and progress are discussed.