Pleased to meet you...Tom Hitchings
10 december 2013
This week we're pleased to meet Tom Hitchings: PE Teacher, Head of BISCAP and Head of swimming.
- How long have you been at BISS Puxi? I’m in my fourth year in BISS Puxi and sixth year in Shanghai
- What is your favourite sport and why? It’s very hard to pick out one particular sport I really love as there are so many. If I had to choose just one it would be cycling. From a young age I have always raced some sort of bike, whether it be BMX, mountain bike, road or cyclo-cross (Google that last one; it’s an amazing sport).
- What do you love most about teaching here? The students’ energy and motivation to not only reach their own potential, but to support and motivate their team or class mates to do the same. As a teacher and coach it’s very inspiring.
- What has been your favourite BISCAP moment? During a sports taster day a couple of years ago Mr Kelly was used in a demonstration of self-defence by one of our BISCAP Tae Kwon Do coaches. I don't think Mr Kelly was quite prepared for what happened next.
- What is your favourite place to visit in China? Rye Yue Wan Bay on the east coast of Hainan Island. This is one of the best surfing point breaks I have ever surfed.
- What do you miss most about England? My family, Cumberland sausages and cyclo-cross races (honestly it’s amazing!)