What a super year! The children in Nursery have all worked incredibly hard. Their progress has been wonderful to see and we are all very proud of the children’s efforts! I would like to thank the parents for helping to make it so successful. Your support and hard work has been greatly appreciated. It was great to see so many of you at our parties this week.
- Orientation Day for returning students is on the afternoon of Friday 19th August
- The first day of the new school year for all children is Monday 22nd August
- From Friday 1st July the teachers are away on holiday and will not be available via email. If you have any urgent enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish you all a safe and restful summer holiday, wherever you may be and best wishes for the future should you be leaving Shanghai.
The Nursery Team
Suggested learning for the summer holidays
There are lots of ways you can keep the children’s learning going over the long holiday. Play card games like Uno, Snakes and ladders using a board and dice or dominoes. Take photos of the places you visit and create a special book or online journal of your adventures. Help your child practise forming letters using big chalks outside, drawing with a stick in the sand or making marks on the floor with a paintbrush dipped in water. Above all have lots of fun together so your child will come back to school with so much to share with their teachers and class mates.
You could also download some of the following to get ready for Reception.
Phonics and Reading
- www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies has some great phonics links – including ‘alphablocks’ which is also viewable on YouTube, great stories, games, activities and much more.
- Earlylearninghq.org.uk: Alien Adventure and Phonics Street
- Twinkl Phonics- Phase 1 and 2
- Pocket Phonics
- Hairy letters
- Number Jacks Counting
- Snakes and ladders
- Hungry Fish
- Monkey maths
- Critter maths
Creative and Understanding their world
- Doodle Buddy
- Zoodle Pad
- Pic Collage- use photos to make a collage
- National Geographic Kids Alive
- Duplo Lego
- Art Lab