Next year: As the end of year is approaching we are already beginning planning for the new classes next year. However, this is a long and complicated process. Please be aware that information about new classes and teachers will not be available for several weeks, but we do aim to be able to share this with you before the end of term. We aim to provide stability in moving complete classes to the next year group whenever possible. When classes have to be altered we use our detailed knowledge of the children and consider carefully friendships, gender and nationality. As decisions are based on the number of children in each year group, please help us by confirming your intentions for next year to firstname.lastname@example.org , if you have not already done so. Thank you for your patience and support.
- We have noticed some of our children sitting with their legs in a w shape and we are trying to encourage them to sit in a different way. Please read the following link which explains a bit more. www.pediatricservices.com/parents/pc-22.htm
- It’s getting really hot outside. Please ensure children bring sun hats and put sunscreen on your child before they come to school each day and if you send it in we will reapply in the afternoons.
- Please save boxes and junk materials for us to recycle and create into more lovely things you can decorate your house with.
- Some of the girls are wearing some very glamourous shoes to school. This is a reminder that in school children run, climb and get wet and dirty. We must make sure that children are safe so please do not allow children to wear shoes with a high heel. Make sure that the soles of shoes are non-slip and easy for the children to take on and off. We thank you in advance for your understanding with this matter.
It is science week this week! We are very excited and will be experimenting in lots of different ways. How can we make ice melt faster? What could we use to move water or sand from one area to another without moving or lifting it ourselves? Which car will move quickest down the ramps? Will they go at the same speed? These are all questions we will ask in the many different science themed activities this week.
Children will be doing a lot of measuring and predicting this week. Using cars and ramps they will investigate and measure which car goes the fastest and furthest and use a range of measuring tools including measuring wheels, hands and tape measures.
UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
The children in the Panthers and Meerkats classes investigated fish this week by observing a real live fish and handling a dead fish which they had the opportunity to gut, cook and taste. This experience was extremely motivating. Children from other classes were very interested so next week this experience will be offered to the Foxes, Wolves and Walruses.
The children have been very interested in rolling, pulling and pushing. Their knowledge and understanding of these concepts will be extened further as we will create a pulley system in the sandpit. There will be opportunitities for hands on investigations into what makes wheels move? As we move around the school the children will be encouraged to notice and talk about objects with wheels, why wheels are needed and what forces need to used to make the wheels move. If you have any old wheels at home please let us know- we would love to have them!
The very famous book ‘The Lighthouse Keepers Lunch’ will be one of our focuses this week. We will talk about how the Lighthouse Keeper’ s lunch is transported from his house to the lighthouse. We may even think about how where we could have a picnic and make a pulley system to transport our snack.
See the link below and please view this story with your child and discuss how the Lighthouse Keeper gets his lunch. Thank you.
De peuters hebben zichzelf uitvoerig in de spiegel bekeken de voorbije week en gekke gezichten getrokken. We zullen deze week verder werken aan het herkennen en uitdrukken van emoties. In de klas maken we een emotiemeter waarmee we dagelijks ons (goed) humeur kunnen meten.
Theme: Science 科学
- A Crow Drinks Water 乌鸦喝水 (wu ya he shui)
- Little Water Drops Travelling小水滴的旅行 (xiao shui di de lv xing)
Activities: We will do lots of science investigations such as
- Separating water and oil 水油分离
- Freezing and Melting 结冰与融化
science 科学( ke xue), test 实验（shi yan）, cold冷（length）, hot热 (wo niu), melt 融化(rong hua), freeze结冰（jie ban）, oil油 (you)