- Thursday 3 and Friday 4 September are school holidays. We hope you all enjoy the long weekend!
- Thursday 10 September Early Years Parents Workshop in Stage One 8.45-9.30am.
- We are always in need of resources for junk modelling. If you have any empty cereal boxes, kitchen roll tubes, bottles etc we would love to use them to create fantastic models with the children. Your rubbish is our treasure!
- Please could you send in a family picture. This can be emailed to you class teacher. Thanks.
- BISS Uniform Sale - Wednesday 2 September 2:30-5pm The Gallery (Primary)
Parents have the chance to buy quality “used” BISS uniform at another of our Recycle Sales. All items are in good condition and can be bought for the bargain price of 5 rmb per item. All proceeds will be donated to one of our school charity projects. Bring change and your own bag!
- Uniform Collection - We are sure that most families have several items of unwanted BISS uniform at home that you would be happy to get rid of; perhaps your children have outgrown them, have moved up to Secondary, or are moving school. Please donate these items to our Uniform Sale! All items can be dropped into the collection boxes at Primary and Secondary Reception areas throughout this and next week.All items need to be clean and in good condition.
Our learning theme this week will be ‘All about me.’We will be looking at ourselves and our friends in the class. Are we the same or different? What makes me different from the friends in our class? You have two eyes, how many do I have? The children will draw themselves, thinking and looking at their facial features; counting eyes, nose and mouth as they go.
Personal, Social and Emotional Development
At this time of the year, the children are making those initial bonds with their teachers and peers. We would like to thank all parents for the kinds support we have received. Next week is important for us to really get to know the children, find out about their favourite foods, colours and interests.
At this time of the year we are getting to know your children and where they are in their learning. We will sing number songs and count objects in our environment, bringing maths into our everyday learning.
Jules en juf Cindy wachten vol spanning om de kinderen te verwelkomen in de Nederlandse klas. Jules heeft zijn eerste schooldag achter de rug en is benieuwd hoe het de andere kinderen vergaan is. De boekentas van Jules zit vol spannende verrassingen!
We are going to talk about me and my friends this week. The kids will learn how to introduce themselves in simple mandarin words and recognize some parts of the body as well . Children will talk to each other about what they like to do. We will learn new songs called 小手拍拍（Xiao Shou Paipai）and 找朋友（Zhao peng you）
Key words: I 我(wo) eyes眼睛(yanjing) nose鼻子(bizi) mouth嘴(zui ) ear耳朵(erduo) friends朋友(peng you) boy男孩(nan hai) girl女孩(nvhai)