Christmas concert costume: All pre nursery children will be dressed up as little stars for our Christmas Concert, please send in a black top and a pair of black trousers in a labelled bag no later than Tuesday 8th December.
- A plea for spare clothes: Our stock of spare clothes is running very low indeed. In fact our underwear and trousers boxes are now completely empty! Please can you check in case your child has borrowed some spare clothes and they are still at home. Thank you.
- Girls Swimming: It is getting colder and lots of girls are wearing warm tights. On swimming days please send them into school in leggings and socks instead. It really helps us when the children change at the end of the session.
- Christmas Cards that have been produced using the designs of our recent competition winners will be on sale next week in the playground before and after school. They cost 50 RMB for a pack of 8. Buy early for Christmas!
Important Dates and Events
- Christmas Fair: It will take place on Saturday 28 November from 11am to 3pm in the Primary school. Come and enjoy seasonal games, food and fun for the family!
- Nursery and Pre Nursery Christmas Concert: It will take place on Wednesday 9 December in Stage One. All parents are welcome! Please let your child’s class teacher know if your child will not be here to take part in the Christmas Show.
- Pre Nursery Christmas Party: This very low-key event will be held on Tuesday 1 December. Please drop children off in class as normal. Children are invited to come into school wearing party clothes on this day.
Themed Learning – Cold, Wintery Weather
It is getting colder and colder and winter is definitely here with us. We have decided to continue our theme but with an increased focus on cold, wintry weather. What changes can we see outside? What clothes should we wear to keep us warm? We will share a variety of stories with a wintery setting; we will also look at and discuss different pictures of activities people do during the winter months. What do you like to do in winter? Is there snow where you come from? If not, what can you do during winter in your home country?
We are all very excited about our Christmas Concert and we will start practising our Christmas songs. Why not try and practise them at home? All the songs can be found on YouTube.
- Jingle bells
- We wish you a merry Christmas
- Little snowflake
- When Santa Claus got stuck up the Chimney
- Twinkle Twinkle
- 5 Christmas buns in a baker shop
Key Vocabulary: winter, activity, cold, hot, snow, snowflake
Communication and Language & Understanding the world
Our wintery theme will provide us lots of opportunities for developing the children’s language and deepening their understanding of the world. We will be encouraging children to observe and describe the changes when they investigate the ice sensory trays. How does the ice feel? What is happening to the ice? What has changed?
Key Vocabulary: ice, cold, warm, hot, melt, freeze, freezing
Due to the changing seasons, the weather is getting colder and colder. So we are going to learn more about the winter such as the clothes we wear, using different stories and songs.
Key Vocabulary: winter(dong tian-冬天)，snow（xia xue-下雪）, snowman(xue ren-雪人)，ice（bing-冰）.
Song: xue rong hua (雪绒花)
Het is feest! Jules is jarig en wordt 3. We vieren Jules in de klas en organiseren een feestje voor hem. Wat hoort er allemaal bij verjaardag?
Elke woensdag gaan we met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. Gelieve het boek tijdig weer mee te geven met uw kind. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.