There is NO SCHOOL on Friday 15, Monday 16 or Tuesday 17 November. Children return to school on Wednesday 18 November.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November. More information to follow.
- Visiting Poet: Nick Tozeck will be working with children on Monday 9-Tuesday 10 November.
- Please send your child to school with appropriate OUTDOOR CLOTHES in cluding school uniform jumper or cardiagan, a fleese or outdoor coat. Please also make sure that ALL clothes are clearly name labelled.
- Remembrance: Students will be singing at the beginning of the school day on Wednesday 11.11.15. Join us in observing a minute’s silence to remember those who have lost their lives in battle.Poppies are now on sale. A suggested donation of 10RMB should be given at the Primary reception desk.
Weird and Wonderful for Book Week! Continued!
The Reception Cubs have enjoyed our Book Week book so much we will be extending our learning around its weird and wonderful ideas. We will be thinking about the size of things and the words we need to compare things. Having made some delicious jam sandwiches of our own last week we will be thinking back to the instructions we needed to follow and explaining to each other how we did it.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE
We will be thinking about the instructions we need to give or follow to make a jam sandwich successfully and talking through the steps. The children will be able to practise giving and following instructions and sequences of events and we will be supporting their use of instructional language and complete sentences.
Key Vocabulary; first, second, third, then, next, last.
• Uses talk to organise, sequence and clarify thinking, events.
• Responds to instructions involving a two-part sequence.
The children know our story ‘The Giant Jam Sandwich’ well now and we will be re telling it and acting it out in sequence. The children will be invited to change the story line as well, adding their own ideas for creatures or other things they can trap or perhaps they will choose a different filling for the sandwich or a different food all together! We will be supporting the children to develop language to tell their own stories.
Key Vocabulary: story, sequence, order, beginning, middle, end, first, then, next, at last, character,
Use vocabulary and forms of speech that are increasingly influenced by their experiences of books.
Enjoy an increasing range of books.
Introduces a storyline or narrative into their play.
All phonics groups this week will be consolidating the sounds taught so far and assessing the great progress the children are making.
Using our story as a stimulus, we will focus on size. How giant is a giant sandwich? We will be using different words to describe comparative sizes of things. And putting pictures and objects in size order.
Key Vocabulary: size, big, bigger than, small, smaller than, giant, huge, tiny, and the superlatives of these words, for example; the biggest, the smallest
Orders two or three items by length or height.
Orders and sequences familiar events.
This week the children will be continue their talk about classic story, we will ask children to use words to sequence the story in order and do some fun activities based around the story. We will introduce a new song which is called ‘xiao zhu shui jiao’.
first 第一 （di yi ） second第二 （di er） third 第三 （di san）） then 然后 （ran hou） the end 最后 （zui hou ）
Dames en heren, welkom in het wereldberoemde SDS circus! Deze week wordt er volop geoefend voor onze langverwachte circusshow. We kijken terug op alle avonturen van Tito de clown en leggen onze attributen klaar voor onze circusact. Hopelijk kunnen jullie er allemaal bij zijn aanstaande donderdag van 16u30 tot 18u in Stage One!
We gaan elke dinsdag met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. Gelieve het boek tijdig mee te geven met uw kind. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.