Primary School Photographs will be taken this week. Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- Please remember to send in and label your child’s snack box and water bottle, as well as a hat during the hot weather.
- Library Extended Opening Hours: From Monday September 14 the library will be open on Mondays and Tuesdays from 3:30 to 4:30pm for parents to borrow books. Parents register directly with the librarian and are allowed up to five books for a 2 week loan period. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- ECA and BISCAP programmes will begin on Monday 14 September.
- Parent Helpers: We are always grateful for parents who are willing to come in to help read with children, help in the Dinner Hall, make resources etc. Please let your class teacher know if you are available.
- PE and swimming are a core part of our curriculum. All children should take part unless they have a note from a doctor or a parent to excuse them. When children are not taking part, we ask that they still bring their PE kit as we can adapt the lesson for them. We can often include them in the lesson as a coach, a referee or to give feedback to others. If your child would be swimming, they should bring their normal PE kit.
- CHINESE PROFICIENCY TESTS (HSK & YCT) IN 2015-16
BISS PUXI will be offering two opportunities to take the HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) this academic year – in November 2015 and in March/ May 2016. We will also be offering the YCT (Youth Chinese Test) in March / May 2016. We are running the first HSK examination on Saturday 14th November 2015. Registration is now open to parents, primary and secondary students, and friends who have an interest in taking this test. If you wish to register for the HSK examination, please submit your entry form and full payment by Tuesday 13th October 2015. Please click http://img.nordangliaeducation.com/resources/asia/_filecache/a7d/d7d/28504-hsk-yct-letter_10_09_2015.pdf to access the forms. Students will also be given copies of the letters in their Mandarin lessons.Please return all required documentation and cash payment (exact amount) in a sealed envelope clearly marked HSK Test and with your child’s name. This should be submitted to the Uniform Shop in the Primary Parents Hub. Full documentation and payment must be received by Tuesday 13th October 2015.The second round of HSK examinations will take place in March/ April 2016 and we would encourage students in Year 7-10 to take the examination. We will hold the YCT and a further HSK exam at a weekend during May for parents, friends and students. For any further information or application forms, please contact Ms Xie on firstname.lastname@example.org
In Literacy we will be completing our unit of work on diary writing. The children will use the book Wild Child by Chris Wormell as their inspiration. Once they have become familiar with the sequence of the story they will act it out with with a partner and film each other's performance. At the end of the week the children will draft their diaries and then work with their partner to peer mark their work and think of improvements for their final piece.
In Maths, the children will be working on using addition and subtraction with numbers up to 100 . The children will begin the week by using a number square to add and subtract ten from any given number to 100. Once the children have mastered this they will begin to learn how to add and subtract 11 by adjusting by one.
This week the children will continue their exploration into the life and work of Laslo Hudec. While finding out about his life and buildings they will learn how to make a map with symbols and grid references as they plot the buildings he designed on a map of Shanghai. Following this, the children will design a map of their own city and create their own symbols.
The children will be focusing on expressing their ideas, opinions and views with confidence.
Literacy – past tense, personal pronouns – I, we, me, next, then, after that, finally
Maths –number, calculation, addition, plus, althogether, total, add, subtraction, subtract, minus, take away, left over, difference
Humanities – symbols, map, grid references, key, phyical features, human features.
Om een spel te spelen hebben we spelregels nodig! We hebben de voorbije week verschillende spelregels en instructies bekeken. Op speldozen vonden we pictogrammen en we gingen op pictogrammenzoektocht in de school. Volgende week stellen we zelf spelafspraken en regels op.
Juf Cindy vond een spelfout in het ophangbord van ons Letterwinkeltje. We zullen de eind –nk aanpakken tijdens onze dagelijkse spellingsquiz.
Elke dinsdag gaan we met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. De uitgeleende boeken kunnen een week gehouden worden. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
Year2 Sea Lion
Key Sentences: 今天是__月__日。jin tian shi___yue___ri/Today is (month) (day).
Homework: Worksheet on topic of date
Year2 Sea Horse
Topic: Lesson 1 Numbers 11-40
This week students will learn to count from 11-40 in Chinese and try to use the sentence patterns “这是几zheshi ji? /What number is this? 这是Zheshi …/This is …” to make a dialogue with his/her peers
Homework: Finish the worksheet
Year2 Sea Star
This week students will be learning the numbers and sing number song.
Homework: Practise chanting the poem on textbook page 4.