- Thank you to all the parents who have volunteered to share delicious food from their home country! We (the children and certainly the teachers) are greatly looking forward to the International Week Food Fair on Wednesday 23 March.
- Swimming - During the winter months, girls are allowed to wear black leggings and black socks instead of tights under their dresses/skirts on Swimming days. This will make it easier for the girls to change before and after lessons.
- Term 2 BISCAP/ECA/BISS LIONS Swimming end 18 March.
- Term 3 BISCAP/ECA/BISS LIONS Swimming – Online registration opens 11 March and closes 21 March. Please register for Term 3 online.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
International Week Events
In Year Two next week all the lessons will be focused around International Week. Year Two will be focusing on the continent of Oceania. Each class will research one of the countries from that continent and create a mini project about the history, culture and people from that country. Once they have become experts they will act as tour guides for the other classes and try and persuade the other classes to visit each other’s country!
The children will also learn a traditional Aboriginal story, they will learn orally to retell this story and then recreate the story on a 3D piece of art work.
In Maths the children will complete a math’s challenge. They must calculate the cost of a trip to a country in Oceania by adding up the cost of the flights, accommodation and any further travel expenses.
Atlas, maps, continents, countries, culture.
Naar aanleiding van de `International Week`verkennen we een typische Vlaams-Nederlandse markt met allerlei marktkramen waarbij de kaasboer en het viskraam natuurlijk niet mogen ontbreken. In de Nederlandse klas liggen de maatjes, de garnalen en de vers gebakken kibbeling deze week in aanbieding in de winkelhoek!
We bekijken foto`s van Nederlandse en Belgische stadgezichten en bereiden ons voor op de grote parade!
Year2 Sea Lion
Topic: My Lunch
Key Words: 炒面chao mian/fried noodles；薯条shu tiao/French fries；热狗re gou/hot dog；三明治san ming zhi/sandwich；比萨饼bi sa bing/pizza
Core Sentences: 我早饭吃wo zao fan chi……/I have…for breakfast；我午饭吃wo wu fan chi……/I have…for lunch；我晚饭吃wo wan fan chi……/I have… for dinner.
Year2 Sea Horse
Topic: International week and general review for topics covered in term 2
Activities: Chinese traditional games.
Year2 Sea Star
Topic: Lesson 6 Daily Life
Key Words: 画画儿 draw/huahuar 看书read/kanshu; 写字write/ xiezi; 听音乐listent to music/tingyinyue; 睡觉sleep/shuijiao; 做游戏play game/zuoyouxi
Homework: Read the words on P32/33/34 and do the worksheet.