ECA/BISCAP - Please inform the class teacher via a note in your child’s Communication Book if your child’s arrangements change for BISCAP, ECA or end of the day pick up. As changes involve a disruption to normal routines this helps us support you in getting your child home safely.
- Lunch - If your child has been registered and leaves school after 9.30 Sleto will still charge for lunch unless they know in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you know your child will not be in school for lunch by 9.30 so that you are not charged.
- Security - Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- Please ensure that your child has the correct school uniform. In particular please ensure your child is wearing black shoes. Girls should wear plain white socks and boys should wear black or grey socks. You can review the school’s uniform policy at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/our-students/student-life/our-school-uniform
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- 3B would like to invite all parents and friends to attend their class assembly on Monday 26th October 2015. This will be in Stage One at 13.45. We look forward to seeing as many of you there as possible.
This week in Literacy we will be building on our vocabulary work last week, which described a setting. They will be using their skills to write a description of a setting, thinking about the place, time and atmosphere of the environment from three different viewpoints: wide angle, the mid range and close up.
The children in Maths will be learning to measure the perimeter of simple 2D shapes, the total distance around the outside of a shape. This will build on their measuring skills from last week. They will then be extended to use addition and multiplication calculations to record their findings.
In Themed Learning the focus will be using photography from their sightseeing trip on Tuesday to create photographic representations of landscpaes in Shanghai. These will be in the style of David Hockney’s “joiners”. The children will use a photograph from our trip and cut it into strips to create a montage of the whole image. They will then develop their collaging skills further by creating a montage of different far and close up shots of a single landscape, which wil be layered, to create a single image.
The children will be focusing on what they do to make themselves proud as learners.
Literacy –setting, place, environment, atmosphere, vocabulary, thesaurus, synonym, antonym, description
Maths – length, centimeter, millimeter, cm, mm, measure, accurate, estimate, perimetre
Humanities –photograph, image, landscape, montage, collage, layer
Dames en Heren, Hooggeëerd publiek...!
Alles wat met circus te maken zal de komende weken de revue passeren: functies en beroepen, een circusverhaal, krantenartikelen over het failliete Circus Renz, een actieplan om het circus te redden... We lezen het boek De dikke bende van de Korenwolf en de vondst van het stiekeme circus.
Denkt u op maandag (Y3 , Y5, Y6) of vrijdag (Y4) aan het biebboek en de Estafettemap?
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Caldwell
The children will be learning to describe animals using their previous knowledge.
Their homework will be to consolidate this skill by describing pictures of set animals.
Year 3 / 4 Spanish – Ms Sutton
This week we have been consolidating everything we have learnt so far. We started a new topic looking at different countries and talking about where we are from. We will continue this next week. Homework is to complete the worksheet on countries
Year 3 / 4 French – Miss Rae
Next week we will be consolidating our work on colours and items found in the classroom. We will learn the colours of the rainbow song in French.
Homework: Can you rearrange the letters of the words to find the colours in French?
Topic: Countries, Languages (Text 2)-Continued
The students will be able to use the key words of Text 2 to share the languages they can speak.
Homework: A poster based on the information given on P6 (workbook sheet).
Topic: Lesson 4.Date
This week we will review the topic of date.
Homework: Worksheet for writing complete sentences to express the date.