What a super year! The children in Year 3 have all worked so incredibly hard and have produced some outstanding pieces of work. Their progress has been wonderful to see and we are all very proud of the children’s efforts! I would like to thank the parents for helping to make it an extremely successful year. Your support and hard work has been greatly appreciated.
We wish you all a safe and restful summer holiday, wherever you may be and best wishes for the future should you be leaving Shanghai.
Year 3 Team
Please note that from Friday 1 July the teachers are away on holiday and will not be available via email. If you have any urgent enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope that you have a relaxing holiday and look forward to seeing you in August.
Suggested holiday learning
If you are stuck for something to do this summer you could do one of the following to get ready for next year:
- Keep a diary of your adventures over the holidays. Perhaps you could make a film, keep a blog or make a presentation about you and your holiday?
- Write your own adventure story set in a different country. Better still write a play and get you friends to help you perform it.
- Record yourself performing a funny poem for your family. Use these links for ideas: http://www.gigglepoetry.com/
- Practise your maths skills using Myimaths.
Login – bisspuxi Password – solve
The 2nd level password is:-
Second Level Login: boostBisspuxi Second Level Password: solve625
- Have fun practising your times tables, especially the 2, 5, 3, 4, 8 and 10 times tables, by singing along to the songs on http://www.havefunteaching.com/songs/math-songs or go on http://www.multiplication.com/
- Practise your spelling and grammar activities.
Below is a list of suggested authors for summer holiday reading :
- Roald Dahl
- Anne Fine
- Dick King Smith
- Laurence Anholt
- Jeremy Strong