Christmas Fayre: Our PTA Christmas Fayre will be held on Saturday 28 November from 11:00 – 15:00. Please come and join us for fun and festivities!
- Year 6 & 3 Art Exhibition: Each child in Years 6 & 3 has chosen a piece of art work that they are most proud of this term. The exhibition will take place in the ground floor of the Primary building during the week commencing Monday 23 November. You are invited to come and view all the art work between 8.00 and 8.30 any morning during this week. We hope you enjoy the exhibition.
- Our Learning Showcase is on Friday (28 November) between 2:00pm and 3:30pm. All are welcome to come up to the Year 6 corridor to find out what the children have been learning this term.
- Uniform sale: We will be having a Used Uniform Stall as part of the upcoming PTA Christmas Fair being held in school on Saturday 28 November. Please bring any clean, good quality, old uniforms to the Primary Reception over the next few weeks. Y12 will be running the stall with the support of parents and proceeds will go towards their fundraising.
- Uniform: Please can you provide your child with a light rain jacket on days where rain is forecast. To minimise the amount of time children are inside the classroom, the children will go outside for playtimes during light rain.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and not, non-uniform versions. Information is available in the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- KS2 book eXchange: Our book eXchange is now open every Tuesday and Thursday lunch time for children to come and borrow, share, exchange, read and talk about books.
- Christmas Cards that have been produced using the designs of our recent competition winners will be on sale next week in the playground before and after school. They cost 50 RMB for a pack of 8. Buy early for Christmas!
In Literacy, we will be continuing our exciting unit of work on narrative. This will involve moving through various elements of story construction to help build an immersive tale. We will begin by looking at the character dynamics within a tale; how the protagonist interacts with other key figures around him or her. We will then look at how to build depth to these characters, building back stories and a spider-web of likes and dislikes. We will then look at how to create an immersive world in which they can inhabit and how a fantastic location can become like an extra character.
In maths, we will be beginning a unit of work on decimals. This will involve a review of place value and calculation of the value of decimals where the children learn how to quickly compare and order decimals. We will then move on to using the four operations with decimal numbers to create challenging written method calculations. Finally, we will be looking at problem solving using decimal numbers and the construction of simple formulae.
In Themed Learning we will be reviewing what we have leant so far about World War 2 ready for our showcase on Friday. We will look back over: code breaking, images of war, the life of Jewish refugees, how the war began and many other aspects of the conflict. The children will then be ready to share them with you on Friday.
In PSHCE we will be looking at current events and how to cope with distressing news of conflict in the media. The children will share news stories they have researched and will discuss the issues that are raised.
Literacy – protagonist, plot, enabler, plot-device, setting, guardian
Maths – decimal, negative number, multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
Humanities – reporting, current events, headlines, bias
Het is feest! Jules is jarig en wordt 3. We vieren Jules in de klas en organiseren een feestje voor hem. Wat hoort er allemaal bij verjaardag?
Elke woensdag gaan we met de Nederlandse klas naar de bibliotheek. Gelieve het boek tijdig weer mee te geven met uw kind. Dank voor uw medewerking hierbij.
Topic: See a doctor
Key words: 应该……; 要……; 给……
Homework: Practise the sentence patterns and the new role play on seeing a doctor in the hospital.
Topic: Lesson 12 Eating Out-Continued
Key Words: 钱qian/money；买mai/buy；卖mai/sell；一共yi gong/altogether；多少duo shao/how much；用yong/use
Homework: Prepare the oral presentation for Mandarin Termly Assessment
Topic: Lesson 3 Making Phone Calls-Continued
The students will be able to know the key words and phrases for making a phone call.
Homework: Termly Oral Assessment Preparation
Topic: Lesson 6 Telephone numbers-Text1
The students will be able to communicate with others by asking/answering the telephone numbers.
Homework: Prepare the Termly Oral Presentation.
Year 6 French - Ms Caldwell
This week the children will revisit the weather topic. They will revise asking about and describing the weather and begin to talk about seasons. In addition to this, they will investigate and become more familiar with the positions of some of the main cities in France.
Homework: To create a presentation about a French city or village on their Ipads.
Year 6 French - Mme McConnon / Miss Chareyron
This week, students will continue with their study of pets and the family.
Homework this week: to do learn the names of the pets covered in the book and to draw a crazy zoo and colour and label the pets and colours at the zoo.
Year 6 Spanish - Ms Watson
Next week, the children will begin to learn about how Christmas is celebrated in different Spanish speaking countries. This will involve learning vocabulary associated with the season, food and drinks eaten at this time and some simple carols.
For homework, the children will be asked to research and present information on a Spanish speaking nation of their choice (Where it is and its Christmas traditions)