Next week’s Literacy homework will be linked to Book Week. For more information about the exciting activities planned for Book Week, please refer to the recent letter.
- iPads – A note was sent home with your child on Wednesday 14 October regarding safe usage and imessaging. Please read and discuss with your child.
- Security – thank you to all of you who have applied for our new security badges. Due to some technical difficultes the production of the badges has been delayed. We are working as fast as possible to get the badges to you. Thank you for your patience.
- Security - Our new security system is still at the trial stage. Adults only should use the glass gates to enter and exit the school; children should use the metal gates to the side. If you are concerned that your child is young and you want to be with them then please accompany them through the metal gates. Thank you for your support.
- After School Contact System - New information about this has been added to the website to help at http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/shanghai/puxi/after-school-contact-system. Please ensure that your child’s class teacher is aware of any changes to regular going home arrangements early in the day by writing details in your child’s Communication Book.
- Uniform: Now that it is colder in the mornings please remember that children should not be wearing leggings, boots or hoodies. They should be wearing school jumpers/cardigans/fleeces and NOT non-uniform versions. Information is available on the Primary Parent Handbook on the website.
- Book Week: Information about the Book Week which is week beginning Monday 2 November is being sent out today. Please be aware of all the exciting activities that are taking place.
- Book Fair: This year the Book Fair, where you can buy books, will take place in school from Thursday 19-Saturday 21 November. More information to follow.
- Visiting Poet: Nick Tozeck will be working with children on Monday 9-Tuesday 10 November.
This week in Literacy we will investigating the plight of the Jewish refugees in Shanghai as we seek to add depth to our documentary. This is part of our work to intergrate the use of the iPads into our lessons to further enhance the children’s understanding of Digital Literacy. As we look forward to our trip to the Shanghai Jewish Museum, we continue the process of reading and writing information texts that we can use in our documentary in conjunction with information we discover at the museum.
In Maths, we will be continuing our work on fractions. This will include calculating fractions of amounts, converting decimals and percentages into fractions, adding and subtracting fractions and using fractions in real life problems. This will culminate in an investigation where the children apply all they have learnt so far.
In Themed Learning we continue to look at the challenging topic of the treatment of Jewish people druing the Second World War. This will be done in a sensitive way using the wonderful book ‘Rose Blanche’ which tells the story from the point of view of a young German girl. This will pave the way for our trip to the Shanghai Jewish Museum.
Our focus this week in PHSCE will be the effects of civil war on population movements and the politics and contrasting opinions that this generates.
Literacy – however, therefore, in addition, furthermore, nevertheless, despite
Maths – data, graph, mean, median, mode, range, pattern, trend, analyse
Humanities – rationing, shortage, U-Boat, coupons
Dames en Heren, Hooggeëerd publiek...!
We richten ons de komende week op het circussmoelenboek, waarin alle circusberoepen de revue passeren. Ook werken we aan de individuele circusact. We maken een gedetailleerde beschrijving van de act en oefenen de act in.
We lezen in de klas uit het boek De dikke bende van de Korenwolf en de vondst van het stiekeme circus.
Kijk voor inspiratie én instructie (acrobaten, jongleurs) het volgende filmpje van Ketnet over een circusshow: Ketnet
Denkt u op maandag (Y3 , Y5, Y6) of donderdag (Y4) aan het biebboek en de Estafettemap? Voor Year 4 hebben we de dag veranderd. Dit kwam beter uit in de planning.
Volgende week maandag en dinsdag zullen er wat lessen vervangen worden door andere docenten van BISS Puxi i.v.m. de inspectie. Dank voor uw begrip!
Een heel fijn weekend!
Key words: 高高的鼻子、有点儿黑、又白又胖、不大不小
Homework: Review the words and write a short paragraph on one person’s appearance with the sentence pattern learned.
Topic: Lesson 11 Three Meals a Day-Continued
Key Words: 中餐zhong can/Chinese dish；西餐xi can/Western dish；早餐zao can/breakfast；午餐wu can/lunch；晚餐wan can/dinner；一般yi ban/normally
Homework: Design a menu for a restaurant.
Topic: Lesson 2 Subjects of Study
The students will be able to describe the subjects they like / dislike.
Homework: Interview your friends
Topic: Lesson 5 Age
This week we start to learn the topic of age.
Homework: Practise the new words of lesson 5.
Year 6 French - Ms Caldwell
Next week the students will be investigating Á la maison’. The will be naming rooms and objects within the home. We will also be investigating Halloween in France!
Homework will be to complete a plan of their house, naming rooms and items within it.
Year 6 French - Mme McConnon / Miss Chareyron
Next week, pupils will be continuing to work on families. They have only one lesson due to a trip.
Homework this week: To create a video in French of basic classroom instructions to send to the Global Campus challenge. Can we get our videos posted onto the Nord Anglia Global Campus?
Year 6 Spanish - Ms Watson
In Spanish we will be learning the different subjects taught in school and we will be discussing which subjects we like or do not like.
Homework this week: to fill in a weekly school timetable of their subjects in Spanish.