- Please let us know if your child is leaving before Thursday. This will allow us to organise all of their belongings and have the final Tapestry post updated.
- Lost Property: Our lost property cupboard is full to over flowing. Next week on Tuesday and Wednesday items from the cupboard will be laid out on tables in the front playground. Please come to check and claim items. We will be re-cycling anything unclaimed over the summer break.
- We have had wonderful year, and it is hard to believe it is our last week already. We’d like to thank you all for your support for your children and for us over this school year. Thank you also to our room parents who worked so hard to organise the end of year party for our children- it was a very special event. Early years learning is always enhanced where there are strong relationships between home and school, and we thank you for your part in this.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
- Wednesday 28 June – Reports go home
- Thursday 29 June - Last day of term
- Wednesday 16 August – First day of new term
FOX AND PANTHER CLASSES
The children have really enjoyed Science week and have been experimenting with water babies, sand mousse and slime. We will allow the children to extend this further during the last week of term by providing them with other sensory experiences.
The children have also been interested using containers as boats in the water tray and we will explore floating and sinking with the children next week.
The children loved making a volcano and watching it erupt. We will explore different ways of making volcanoes in our sand tray.
We will also do a fruit tasting session. Please can you send your child to school with a piece of fruit on Monday.
float, sink, taste, smell, bitter, sweet, salty, sour
MEERKAT AND WOLF CLASSES
During Science week, the children explored shadows on the whiteboard and had fun making butterflies with their hands. We are hoping for some sunshine this week so that we can explore shadows outdoors by drawing around our shadows and measuring shadows at different times of the day. The children loved different scents in the water tray and we will add these to our play dough next week and ask the children to guess what the scents are.
The children have been really interested in building tall and long models using linking cubes, wooden blocks and Duplo. We will use different units of measure next week to compare the variety of heights and lengths.
tall, short, long, high, smell, sight, shadows, sun light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sipHgMvOc6Y The Five Senses Song
De piraatjes van (Pre) Nursery kijken deze week uit naar een strandvakantie. We zetten onze strandstoel en parasol op en blikken terug op de mooiste momenten van het voorbije jaar.
We koelen af in ons ijssalon en stellen zelf de lekkerst ijsjes samen.
het strand, de zee, het zand, de parasol, de emmer, de schop, het ijsje, vanille, chocolade, aardbei, hoorntje
we will have a big review what we have learned all through the year before holiday. We will flash back to the stories, songs, themes and games......We will talk about growing and developing as well, asking the children to tell us how they have changed after this year in Nursery. We will also talk about their plans for their coming summer holidays.
grow up长大 ( zhang da), summer holiday 暑假 (jia qi)
I have grown up我长大了 (wo zhang da le)