We hope you all have a good holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back on Monday 9th April.
- We are happy to announce that Therese Faerestrand will be joining us as a full time teacher as we welcome a new Pre Nursery Leopard cub class after the holiday.
- The Tiger and Polar bear cubs will have a new entrance to go through in the mornings. Please see the photo and note in communication books explaining where to go.
- As we returned all the chidlren’s items before the holidays to enable us to clean their cubbies, please remember to send in extra changes of summer clothes, any nappies that are needed as well as their bedding. As the weather is now warming up, please also send in a named sunhat and suncream with your child.
- The library will be open as usual so your child will be bringing home a new book in the first week. Please encourage your child to take care of these books. If a book is lost or damage, please either replace the book or give your class teacher 150RMB to replace the book.
- Swimming will resume as normal on Tuesday. As it is now the summer term, we encourage all toilet trained children to join us in the pool. This will develop their water confidence ready for swimming in Nursery, where all children are expected to attend.
OUR LEARNING THEMES
Each teacher will plan learning experiences that link to the readiness and interests that they observe in the children in their class. While these separate themes operate in each room, the children know they are free to choose to work in another room. The planning is specific to each classroom, but not confined to that class, so children have many rich opportunities available to them across the three classrooms. Mandarin teaching will link into each theme, with the Mandarin speaking staff introducing specific language, books and songs.
TIGER AND POLAR BEAR CUBS
The children in the unit have been really interested in drawing around their hands and have begun to try the same with their shoes. Next week we will use our hands for printing and paint our feet to walk on large paper on the floor.
We also had a fun time singing circle songs like “Ring o Roses” and “Hokey Cokey” together on the carpet.
In the Tigers’ classroom, the children have been really excited about the ‘Three Billy Goats Gruff’ book. We have been using props to retell the story and have set up a small world in our sensory tray. Next week we will continue to encourage them to retell the story with actions, using masks and a bridge of blocks. We even used an arch in the soft play room as a bridge. The children added a green mat to use as the delicious green grass and played a wonderful imaginative game.
We have also been making collage pictures on a large scale using sticky paper and using these to decorate our window. Next week we will continue on this theme by creating more collaborative masterpieces.
There has been lots of excitement this week in Polar Bears class when we added blankets to the tent. The children used this as an opportunity to introduce the song ‘Ten in the Bed’ and act it out.This opened a link to other counting songs like ‘Ten Little Monkeys’ and ‘Five Little Speckled Frogs’. Unfortunately, due to the weather at the beginning of this week we were unable to take our tent into the outdoor area, so we will continue with this idea next week to see where the children take it. They also extended their interest in holidays this week by introducing a small world beach next to the airport. This is another activity we can extend to our outside sand trays.
The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Ten in the Bed
Five Little Speckled Frogs
Ring o Roses
BADGER, LEOPARD AND BOBCAT CUBS
The children in the Badger class have been spending lots of time role playing ‘xiao tu zi guai guai’. Due to this, we will start to learn the story of the three little pigs, to extend their wolf role play. We will make ‘houses’ out of different materials, role play blowing ‘houses’ down and read different versions of the story. We will do a range of crafts related to the three little pigs, as well as bringing in a maths focus.
The children in the Bobcat class have shown an interest in creative activities: junk modeling- taking a cardboard box, wrapping it with tape or exploring different materials through collage. We will continue to develop our creative area showing the children ways to join materials and adding sticky white PVA glue. The Firefighter roleplay is still very popular and we will have a focus on “phoning”; dialing numbers, taking calls and making calls.
We would also like to welcome the children to the Leopard Class! This week, they will be becoming familiar with the classroom, their teacher and the routines of Pre-Nursery. They will have access to a range of role play, books, sensory play and creative materials and will be given the chance to settle and explore.
During mandarin we will read the story <The Three Little Pigs>.
pig/zhu/猪 wolf/lang/狼 straw/dao cao/稻草 brick/zhuan/砖 wood/mu tou/木头
Little pig song /xiao zhu chi de bao bao/小猪吃的饱饱
The Three Little Pigs/san zhi xiao zhu/三只小猪
Deze week ronden we ons dinothema af. We maken een nest voor de dino-eieren en helpen de dino-baby`s uit de eieren te breken. Welke dino`s eten planten? Welke dino`s eten vlees? We ordenen alle dinosaurussen en creëren onze eigen dinoverhalen op video.