- Join us for our PET Welcome Back Party on Saturday 9 September 6pm -9pm.
- School Photo Sessions - Pret-a-portrait photographers will come to school next Monday to Friday in Stage One. Primary students will be having the photo sessions on Monday, Thursday and Friday
- We kindly ask that parents stay in the playground in the mornings and encourage their child to come up to their classroom with their teacher and class.
- Homework will be given out on Wednesdays and expected in on Mondays. Last week the homework was optional and entries can be brought in.
- Registration for the HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) is now open to adults and students. The HSK test will be held on Saturday 11 November 2017. Please see the attached registration form for information. Full documentation and payment for HSK test must be received by Monday 9 October 2017.
This week in Literacy lessons the children will use the story of ‘Dogger’ by Shirley Hughes to help develop their questioning skills. They will begin by answering simples questions about the story and the characters. The children will develop their understanind of asking simple questions using the 5Ws; Who, what, why, where and when.
Question, Who, when, where, why, what, how, feelings, experiences, sentence, punctuation, capital letter, full stop, question mark, exclamation mark.
This week we will be investigating common 3D shapes. We will use our knowledge of 2D shapes to see what shape our faces are, how many edges they have and how many vertices. We will continue to sort, order and match them. The key focus is name recognition of both 2D and 3D shapes. We will continue to revise our counting beyond 20 and number formation.
2D shapes, 3D shapes, sides, corners, faces, edges, vertices, sorting, counting, numbers.
This week our STEAM THEME lessons have been guided by the children themselves. Last week they took further interest about what happens inside the body. This week each class will start to ask questions and investigate organs inside the human body. The children’s curiosity may lead all classes to different organs but our aim is to start looking at what that specific organ does and how it works and helps our body.
Body, body parts; arm, leg, head, organs; heart, lungs, stomach
COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND DIGITAL LITERACY
The children will continue to master the skill of logging themselves on and off of a computer or laptop. They will focus on learning how to type the Year 1 user name and password and will pratise their skills when moving the mouse. Within class, they will also be learning how to use the ipads correctly and safely.
Computer, laptop, keyboard, mouse, screen, log in, password, ipad.
This week we will be thinking of ways to help keep our bodies healthy. We will focus on keeping safe when playing with our friends, washing our hands and not spreading germs. We will also continue to help our new friends settle into life at BISS.
Positive, rule, beginning, safe, keeping healthy, germs, body parts.
Deze week werken de kinderen van year 1 verder aan hun groeimeter. We beschrijven wat we kunnen tijdens de verschillende groeifases: ik rol, ik slaap, ik huil…. Kan jij de juiste woordjes vinden en matchen met de foto’s?
De letter van de week is de ` oo` van Moos!
Homework for this weekend: Complete worksheet on greeting words.
Next week we will learn to read the characters from 一 to 十. They will be able to point out a certain number among a group of numbers.
Homework for this weekend: Make flash cards and play memory game
Next week we will continue the topic of Nature, children will learn to sing a Chinese song
Mandarin Y1 MNDCN