The British International School Abu Dhabi is a premium quality school offering an English National curriculum to Abu Dhabi’s diverse and rapidly growing community. It is part of the Nord Anglia Education family of worldwide schools. Our close knit and supportive team is proud of our community school, educating over 1300 young people between 3-18 years representing more than 70 nationalities each year. Our teaching and learning is based on the English National Curriculum leading to the International Baccalaureate Diploma or A Level qualifications.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and motivated Head of Arabic to join our team next academic year.
The Head of Arabic will lead our Arabic Faculty and oversee the teaching of Arabic and Islamic and Social Studies. The successful candidate will be excited about the challenge of leading our team in the next phase of its development to becoming a centre of excellence for the teaching of Arabic.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified Teacher from Abu Dhabi Education Council
- Experience and expertise with ADEC expectations in an International School setting
- Experience of working and leading within a large Arabic department
- Experience in teaching both Primary and Secondary level
- Experience in teaching both Arabs and Non Arabs
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- The ability to support colleagues in the continued development of effective teaching and learning strategies
- A focus on monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of student progress
Email your application to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org with Head of Arabic post as subject line.