The British International School, Abu Dhabi (BIS Abu Dhabi) is a premium quality and highly successful growing school with a committed and motivated team of teaching professionals at its heart. BIS Abu Dhabi is part of the Nord Anglia Education family of worldwide schools. Our close knit and supportive team is proud of our community school, educating over 1300 young people between 3-18 years representing more than 60 nationalities each year. Our teaching and learning is based on the English National Curriculum leading to the International Baccalaureate Diploma or A Level qualifications.
Due to the expansion of the School we are pleased to announce that an exciting vacancy has arisen as we are now looking to recruit a highly professional and experienced Personal Assistant to provide comprehensive administrative, secretarial and organisational support to the Head of Primary.
- Closely working and prioritising with the Head of Primary by devising, maintaining and monitoring appropriate administrative systems effectively and efficiently
- Provide high level secretarial support, including interpreting instructions and issues arising and then implementing actions according to administrative policies and procedures
- Coordinate and liaise with Primary Teachers
- Manage the access of parents, students and visitors to the Head of Primary office
- Plan and maintain the Head of Primary’s electronic calendar
- Organise meetings, taking minutes of the meeting when required
- Information collection, including production of relevant reports and presentations
- Maintain manual and computerised records and filing system in order to ensure effective information storage and retrieval arrangements
- Arrange and co-ordinate events, including management of conferences, booking of venues, equipment and or refreshments on behalf of the Head of Primary
The ideal candidate
- Qualified to A-Level or equivalent; degree preferable
- Extensive experience of working with Microsoft packages including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role at a senior level
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and adaptable to working in a past paced ever changing environment
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- An excellent level of written English
If you have the right blend of experience in this area, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Please email your CV and covering letter with subject line as Personal Assistant to the Head of Primary at firstname.lastname@example.org