BIS Abu Dhabi is a premium quality school, offering an English National curriculum to Abu Dhabi’s diverse and rapidly growing community. The school is part of the renowned Nord Anglia Education family, the world’s leading premium international schools organisation.
The School is seeking to appoint an outstanding University and Careers Counsellor to join our School’s Secondary team. This role is an exciting chance to advise and support students in finding the best and most suitable further education institution and future career. Reporting to the Deputy Head of Senior School, the successful applicant will be responsible for the coordination of university guidance and the overall careers programme, for all students.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Provide advice and support to secondary students and their parents in choosing university and vocational courses.
- Coordinate the overall further education application process, timetable and records management.
- Organise and administer work experience placements on a yearly basis.
- Maintain effective communication with parents, alumni, academic institutions and other outside organisations (i.e. testing organisations, consular offices).
- Create and maintain a library of up to date and relevant careers and university publications, application materials and supporting documents.
- Organise careers events within the school and university visits.
- Administer and organise student aptitude and achievement testing in conjunction with university requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role (essential)
- Degree level education (essential)
- Experience of working in an international school setting (desirable)
- Excellent communication and organisation skills (essential)
- Fluency in English (essential)
If you would like to on take this exciting role and you have the right blend of experience and ambition, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please email your CV and covering letter with subject line ‘University and Careers Counsellor’ to Careers@bisad.ae.