The School is seeking to appoint an outstanding Special Educational Needs Specialist Teaching Assistant to join our School’s Secondary Inclusion team. Reporting to the SEN Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting pupils who are identified as having learning difficulties and supporting and promoting inclusive practices within the School.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Assist in assessing the special educational needs of pupils with learning difficulties and ensuring that special provision is made in line with those needs.
- Plan and assist in the implementation of individual learning programmes for pupils on the special needs register –in collaboration with the SEN Coordinator and Teacher.
- Monitor, record and review pupil progress and ensure that the provision being made remains appropriate to the special educational needs of pupils with learning difficulties.
- Where necessary, attend meetings with parents to support the SEN Coordinator in order to promote working partnerships that are effective in providing for pupil's special educational needs.
- Prepare and maintain support materials relative to the support of SEN pupils.
- Work in collaboration with EAL, within the Inclusion team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree level education (desirable)
- Background in teaching (essential)
- High level of international and inter-cultural understanding (essential)
- High level of fluency on written and spoken English (essential)
If you would like to take this exciting role and you have the right blend of experience and ambition, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please email your CV and covering letter with subject line ‘SEN Specialist’ to Careers@bisad.ae