About the Role
The PA to the Principal will provide full administrative support to the School Principal. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations using your skill to build strong relationships with parents and other senior members of the school.
The PA to the Principal will possess key attributes and skills including, but not limited to:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational expertise
- A resilient character; someone who is able to work under pressure and manage their own work schedule
- Previous secretarial experience – preferably at a high level with experience in supporting senior members of staff within an organisation
- Previous experience in supporting with recruitment activities, professional development coordination and leadership of others
- Being kind, supportive, collaborative and trustworthy
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience;
- Extensive experience of working with Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Outstanding level of English – spoken and written
- Demonstrable project management skills and experience
- Excellent understanding of developing customer relationships
- Leadership experience
- Experience within an educational context is desirable
About Our School
The British International School Abu Dhabi is a highly successful, growing school with a committed and inspirational team of teaching professionals at its heart. Our close-knit, supportive team is honoured to be at the centre of our community, educating over 1800 young people from more than 75 nationalities. To learn more about our school, please visit http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/abu-dhabi
In addition to being highly successful in its own right, The British International School Abu Dhabi is a member of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools. Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium school’s organisation. We are a fast-paced and growing family of 56 international schools in China, Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia and The Americas, providing outstanding education to approximately 51,000 students from preschool through to the end of secondary education.
Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We believe that being part of our family of schools gives our students a special advantage, having a wide range of resources and support available to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and staff, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and King’s College London.
Applicants should submit a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees, one of which should be your current Line Manager.
The closing date for application is 28th February 2019. The interview process will commence immediately and early responses are appreciated.
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders having regular unsupervised contact with children are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.
PA to the Principal