The School is seeking to appoint an outstanding Additional Educational Needs Specialist Teaching Assistant to join our School’s Primary Inclusion team. Reporting to the AEN Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting pupils who are identified as having learning difficulties and supporting and promoting inclusive practices within the School.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Assist in assessing the additional educational needs of pupils with learning difficulties and ensuring that special provision is made in line with those needs.
- Plan and assist in the implementation of individual learning programmes for pupils on the special needs register –in collaboration with the AEN Coordinator and Teacher.
- Monitor, record and review pupil progress and ensure that the provision being made remains appropriate to the educational needs of pupils with learning difficulties.
- Prepare and maintain support materials relative to the support of AEN pupils.
- Work in collaboration with EAL, within the Inclusion team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Background in teaching (essential)
- Degree level education (desirable)
- High level of international and inter-cultural understanding (essential)
- High level of fluency on written and spoken English (essential)
If you would like to take this exciting role and you have the right blend of experience and ambition, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Please email your CV and covering letter with subject line ‘AEN Specialist’ to Careers@bisad.ae
Closing Date: Sunday 30th June
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders having regular unsupervised contact with children are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.