The British International School Abu Dhabi is seeking to appoint an outstanding EAL Teaching Assistant to join our School’s Primary Inclusion team. Reporting to the EAL Coordinator, you will support students with EAL needs across the Primary school, contribute to raising the educational achievement of these students and support and promote inclusive practices within the School.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Assist in assessing and monitoring the additional requirements of pupils with English language development needs and ensuring that specialist support is given in line with those needs.
- Prepare and maintain support materials relative to the support of EAL pupils to maintain the inclusion register.
- Support students by understanding their needs, aiding their learning in group situations and individually and developing appropriate learning resources.
- Work in collaboration with the AEN and year group teams where appropriate.
- Record data accurately to monitor progress and communicate student needs.
- Support the Primary EAL Coordinator and Primary EAL department with administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience as a Teaching Assistant
- High level of international and inter-cultural understanding
- High level of fluency in written and spoken English
- Ideally, you will already be living in the UAE.
About Our School
The British International School Abu Dhabi is a highly successful, growing school with a committed and inspirational team of teaching professionals at its heart. Our close-knit, supportive team is honoured to be at the centre of our community, educating over 1900 young people aged 3-18, from more than 90 nationalities.
Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that being part of our family of 66 schools gives them a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London.
Applicants should submit a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees, one of which should be your current Line Manager.
The closing date for application is 11th July 2020. However, we reserve the right to begin interviewing and make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Interviews will be conducted via videoconferencing.
Anticipated start date will be 23rd August 2020.
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders having regular unsupervised contact with children are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.