The British international School Abu Dhabi is seeking to appoint an outstanding Primary EAL Coordinator to join our School’s Primary Inclusion team. Reporting to the Assistant Headteacher, Primary, the Primary EAL Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating a team of Student Support Assistants, teaching and supporting pupils who are identified as having additional English language needs and supporting and promoting inclusive practices within the School.
The ideal candidate will be expected to:
- Supervise a small team of Student Support Assistants, managing their time and workloads as required.
- Assess the additional requirements of pupils with English language development needs and ensure that specialist support is given in line with those needs.
- Coordinate with parents and the Finance team to ensure that the appropriate agreements are in place for students accessing support.
- Monitor, record and review pupil progress and ensure that the provision being made remains appropriate to pupils identified.
- Maintain existing resources as well as explore opportunities to develop new resources and strategies for students with EAL.
- Where necessary, attend meetings with parents to support the Assistant Headteacher, Primary in order to promote working partnerships that are effective in providing for pupil's additional English language needs.
- Deliver specialist EAL support to small groups of students.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree level education
- Background in EAL teaching
- High level of international and inter-cultural understanding
- High level of fluency in written and spoken English
- Ideally, you will already live in the UAE.
About Our School
The British International School Abu Dhabi is a highly successful, growing school with a committed and inspirational team of teaching professionals at its heart. Our close-knit, supportive team is honoured to be at the centre of our community, educating over 1900 young people aged 3-18, from more than 90 nationalities.
Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that being part of our family of 66 schools gives them a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London.
Applicants should submit a CV, letter of application and the details of two professional referees, one of which should be your current Line Manager.
The closing date for application is 11th July 2020. However, we reserve the right to begin interviewing and make an appointment prior to the closing date.
Interviews will be conducted via videoconferencing.
Anticipated start date will be 23rd August 2020.
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders having regular unsupervised contact with children are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both Country of residence/birth and any Country of residence within the last 10 years.