What a day at UNICEF's High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development ! All students were inspiring and eloquent. The power of our student voice is loud and clear!
Nord Anglia Education students worldwide have undertaken an ambitious project to advance the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs or global goals). Using the World’s Largest Lesson, an initiative co-led by UNICEF, students over the last nine months have raised awareness of and taken action on goals 2 and 3, which aim to eradicate hunger and improve health and well-being respectively.
This week, 87 Nord Anglia students from schools in Asia, Europe, Middle East and North America travel to New York City to take a leading role in the global discussion as they join senior representatives from the UN and UNICEF during the High-Level Political Forum. Our students participated in a special side-event co-chaired by the UN Ambassadors for Bulgaria, Malaysia and Argentina, UNICEF and Project Everyone. Students shared details of their work over the last nine months and the impact that it has made on their communities with an audience including the President of the UN General Assembly, H.E. Peter Thomson, and UNICEF Executive Director Anthony Lake.
The 4 Student Ambassadors representing BSB Shunyi are Year 12 students: Helen, Sabrina, Sunny and Tildie.
We are very proud of Sabrina who has been selected to speak at the event!
- H.E. Mr. Peter Thomson, 71st President of the UN General Assembly
- H.E. Mr. Estanislao Zawels, Director of the Division of International Organisations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Argentina
- H.E. Ms. Ofeliya Kaneva, President of the State Agency for Child Protection of Bulgaria
- Mr. Kennedy Mayong, Charge d'Affaires, Permanent Mission of Malaysia to the UN
- Mr. Andrew Fitzmaurice, CEO, Nord Anglia Education
- Sabrina Zhang (BSB Shunyi), Sammi Huang, Arthur Lienard, Luca Frost, Hannah Leigh, Lisa Hagens, Indra Patel, Osman Tatrokov - Nord Anglia Student Presentation Team
- Mr. Anthony Lake, Executive Director, UNICEF
- Moderated by: H.E. Mr. Georgi Panayotov, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Bulgaria to the UN
24 hours in 60 seconds - Video of BSB students at UNICEF New York 14 July
Please click above to see a video produced by two of our student journalist team @lamis.bareche @ananna_amin and photos of BSB student Sabrina presenting at the event.