- The personal data collected from applicants and/or their parents/guardians pursuant to this application form will be handled by our staff, kept confidential and used by The British International School Budapest (“we” or “us”) for the following lawful and relevant purposes :
(a) assessing the suitability of applicants’ admission to the School;
(b) processing applications for admission;
(c) verification of the applicant’s examination results, academic records and other information;
(d) school administration and operation after admission;
(e) sending communications to parents and students including but not limited to newsletters and information about events and extra-curricular activities provided by the School or third party providers;
(f) statistical and research purposes;
(g) updating the records of student’s siblings according to the provided data in new students’ enrolment form; and
(h) alumni activities
- If any of our communications constitute direct marketing we will separately seek your consent where required by law.
- We may disclose some of the data to third parties such as agencies (including the Swiss government),service providers and contractors (whether within or outside the jurisdiction in which the School is located) appointed by us to undertake some of our academic, pastoral and administrative functions. This includes transferring data between our affiliates. We will not disclose any personal data to any external bodies or organisations unless:
(a) such disclosure is expressly provided for under this Statement;
(b) permitted to do so by the applicant or his/her parent/guardian; and/or
(c) permitted or required by law.
- Personal data may be stored in our or our affiliates’ database systems (which may be located within or outside the jurisdiction in which the School is located) and online portals and where application is successful, such personal data will form part of the applicant’s official student records. It may also be stored in online student resources such as the global classroom.
- Where such personal data is not required or allowed to be retained by law, such personal data will be destroyed as soon as the personal data are no longer required to fulfil the relevant purpose.
- We may place a student’s photo, video footage, name or school work in our or our affiliates’ website, social media, marketing materials, corporate communications (including annual reports) or publications. If an applicant or his/her parents/guardians do not wish for such data to be so used, please inform us.
- Failure to provide the requested data may result in us being unable to process the application and may influence the outcome of the application.
- All practicable and reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by us is accurate. We will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorised or accidental access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, erasure or other use.
- Applicants or their parents/guardians have the right to access or correct personal data held by the School. Requests for access and correction should be addressed in writing to the Principal (addressed to the School). We may levy a charge for accessing the information.