Last Updated: 25 February 2020
Following my update on Thusday 20th February, I can now confirm that we will not be able to open our campus for students on March 2nd as hoped.
2 월 20 일 제가 드린 업데이트에 이어 저는 현재3 월 2 일에 캠퍼스를 열 수 없음을 확정해드릴 수 있게 되었습니다.
I realise this will be disappointing to all our families, as it is to our staff, who are keen to get back into classrooms with their students.
학생들과 함께 교실로 돌아가고 싶어하는 교직원들과 모든 가족들에게 이 사실은 매우 실망 스러울 것임을 알고 있습니다.
I am in in regular contact with representatives at local and national level and with other principals of schools in Nanjing and across China; all are offering online learning in a time of uncertainty and some have confirmed new dates; however, after discussion with the Education Bureau, I think it is important we are both realistic and honest with all in our community. A sense of discomfort is natural during times like these and a natural human desire is to seek out and hold on to what certainty we can find. However, it is important that we communicate only that which is accurate and the facts remain that:
저는 지역 및 국가 차원의 대표자와 난징 및 중국에 있는 다른 학교의 교장들과 정기적으로 연락하고 있습니다. 이들은 불확실한 시간 속에서 모두 온라인 학습을 제공하고 있으며 이들 중 일부는 새로운 날짜를 확정했습니다. 그러나 교육국과 논의를 마친 후에 저는 우리 모두 지역 사회의 모든 사람들에게 현실적이고 정직한 사실을 전달 하는 것이 중요하다고 생각했습니다. 이와 같은 시기에 불편함의 감정은 자연스러운 현상이고 인간의 기본 욕구는 우리가 찾을 수 있는 확실성을 찾고자 하는 것이며 이를 유지하는 것입니다. 그러나 정확한 사실만을 가지고 소통하고 전달하는 것이 중요합니다. 이는 아래와 같습니다 :
- Our campus, like others, is closed until we are told of a definitive date by the authorities when we can open. It is not our decision as to when the campus will reopen.
저희 학교의 캠퍼스는 다른 학교와 마찬가지로 당국에 의해 언제 저희 학교가 문을 열 수 있을 지에 대해 결정된 날짜가 통보 되기 전까지 문을 닫습니다. 캠퍼스 재개 시기는 저희의 결정이 아님을 알려드리고자 합니다.
- The team at BSN are working hard and are prepared to open the campus as soon as possible. We have met with our caterers, our bus providers, cleaning teams and the representatives from the local bureau. We have equipment, and processes in place and are confident we are ready to welcome back children safely when the time is right.
저희 BSN팀은 열심히 일을 하고 있으며 가능한 빨리 캠퍼스를 열 준비가 되어 있습니다. 우리는 케이터링 업체, 버스 제공 업체, 청소 팀 및 지역 사무소의 대표자들을 만나왔습니다. 우리는 장비와 프로세스를 갖추고 있으며 적절한 시기에 학생들을 안전하게 환영 할 준비가 되어 있다고 확신합니다.
As a result of this, our Home Learning programme will continue. We are always looking to improve this and welcome feedback but I have seen some fantastic examples of the work students are producing under the guidance of their teachers and I continue to receive emails asking me to thank staff for their hard work.
위의 이유로 인해 온라인 가정 학습 프로그램은 계속 될 것입니다. 우리는 항상 이를 개선하고자 노력하고 있으며 언제나 여러분의 피드백을 환영합니다. 저는 학생들이 교사의 지도하에 해내고 있는 훌륭한 사례와 학습 결과물을 보았습니다. 그리고 저는 직원들의 노력에 감사를 표하는 이메일을 계속 받습니다.
As always, thank you for your support in these difficult times; should you have any questions, my team and I stand ready to answer them.
항상 그렇듯이 이러한 어려운 시기에 귀하의 지지에 감사드립니다. 문의 사항이 있으시면 저희 팀과 저는 항상 답변해드릴수 있도록 준비하고 있겠습니다.
Last Updated : 7 February 2020
Following my email yesterday about home learning for our students, I am writing to you now about your own travels in January and February.
Due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, we have been asked again to submit information to the Local Education Commission (by the Nanjing Education Committee), for families that have traveled to or from Hubei province recently, or who were in contact with visitors from this region, as well as the current whereabouts of all our families.
Therefore, we have prepare a Family Survey and I would be grateful if you can fill in the required information at your earliest convenience. This will help in providing the authorities with the information needed to help to manage the outbreak as effectively as possible. Please do complete even if you have reached out to us already.
Thank you for your continues help and support.
Last Updated : 28 January 2020
Following yesterday’s (Monday 27th January) update regarding the delayed start to the new term, I am writing with further details. The decision to delay the start of school was taken in conjunction with Nord Anglia Education and the Nanjing Education Authorities. We hope that this decision will provide the safest return to school for our community. The purpose of this delayed start is to give a 14-day period in which members of the school community can monitor their health and ensure that if any symptoms develop, they can seek medical advice prior to returning to school.
As per local government guidelines, the school will be closed until Monday February 17th. There will continue to be a limited number of staff in school, including cleaning and maintenance teams, to ensure that when we do open the doors, the school is ready to welcome our students safely.
Continued Provision for Education
The welfare and safety of our students is always our priority, but we are also putting plans in place for the continued provision of education during the additional two-week break. Students will receive a timetable and daily links to lesson resources, including instructional videos created by their teachers and tasks to be completed and uploaded to an individual folder. Students will need access to a computer for this and, for younger children, support to do so. This online programme will start on Tuesday 4th February. Further information about this provision, and how to access it, will be sent via email.
Activities, Clubs and Events
Until further notice, swimming lessons as well as after-school, weekend, and pre-school activities are cancelled. In addition, for the remainder of this term (until 3rd April), many events in our calendar are cancelled or postponed. Below is a list of the main events affected. Further details about cancellations and/or rearranged events will follow to relevant families.
7th Feb – BSN Idol – postponed
10th – 12th - Senior School Parent-Teacher Consultations – postponed
13th -15th -Year 4 and Year 7 – NAE STEAM festival China 2020 – cancelled
14th Feb – Senior School Swim Gala – postponed
21st – 22nd Feb – Shanghai Swim League in Suzhou - cancelled
20th -22nd - Y5 NAE STEAM festival China 2020 – cancelled
25th - IGCSE Options evening – more details to follow
29th – Shanghai Swim League Fox Cubs Under 8's @BSN - cancelled
5th – Key Stage One Show - postponed
4th-7th– NAE Global Games Under 13s @NAIS Pudong – cancelled
13th – 14th - CISSA Badminton Shanghai - cancelled
13th – 15th – NAE Maths Festival and Leadership Conference – cancelled
19th – 21st - Orchestral Performing Arts festival and MFL@Beijing – cancelled
20th – 22nd – Shanghai Swim League @SAS Pudong – cancelled
Keeping us updated
If any family has visited Hubei province during the holiday, or any other area of China that they may have concerns about, please ensure the school is kept informed and that you ensure you follow official advice. The school strongly recommends that no travel to high risk areas is undertaken at this time and that all families who do, ensure a two-week window before returning to school from the time they return to Nanjing.
Last Updated : 23 January 2020
Dear Parents, students and staff,
You will be aware that China is currently experiencing an outbreak of a new strain of Corona virus.
The symptoms of this virus initially resemble flu. It has been shown to spread from person to person and can be very serious, especially in the very young, very old, or those with weakened immune systems.
I am writing to inform you of the steps we will be taking to minimize the risks to our school communities.
- All of our schools are increasing cleaning routines. Since the main mechanism of spread for the virus seems to be through infected surfaces, and transmission via coughing and sneezing (droplets) we will be disinfecting the classrooms twice per day.
- UV lamps will be in place in early years’ classrooms over night to ensure any viruses are destroyed.
- We will require children who are ill, for any reason, to remain at home. We cannot quickly distinguish between a fever for other reasons and one that might indicate the virus. Children who arrive at school with a fever will be sent home.
- We will be requiring temperature checks for children getting onto the bus. Any child with a fever will not be permitted to board the bus and will be asked to return home. There will be no exceptions to this as the safety of all children must be our chief concern.
- During the period of increased risk, we will likely remove some communal play items from playgrounds and prevent children sharing play equipment. Though this might mean playtimes are somewhat restricted for a time it is an important step.
- We will instruct all children on methods to avoid infection, handwashing, not sharing food etc. These instructions will be given by their teachers/tutors at an age appropriate level.
- Some educational visits might be cancelled. This might include sporting fixtures. We would ask for your understanding on this matter.
- We will work closely with the Government Health Authorities and will receive daily updates from them.
- We would ask parents to refrain from risky travel and behavior during the holiday period. Although the virus has spread it is still concentrated in the Wuhan area of China. Animal markets and other high risk areas should be avoided. We suggest you also speak with your Ayi and Driver to ascertain if they intend to travel to Wuhan during the festival period and take precautions if this is the case.