Language A Programme
Our “Advanced French Language” programme is in direct response to French speaking families who are increasingly seeking an international education in English for their children whilst maintaining their studies of French language and literacy. We offer the French Advanced Language course from Early Years to IGCSE (16 years old).
As this course is challenging, it is available for those who meet the following criteria:
- The language is the child’s mother-tongue.
- One or both parents are speakers of the language.
- The child has previously attended a school in the language; including attending a bi-lingual school.
- The child has spent several years living in the country, where the language is spoken.
- The child is gifted and talented and has an extremely high level of skill in the language.
In Primary (Year 1 to Year 6), the course follows the objectives of the French curriculum (CNED), with specific emphasis on reading, writing and grammar.
In Secondary (Year 7 to Year 11), students have the opportunity to sit their IGCSE as an early entry candidate. Following from that, our teachers follow the “DELF scolaire B1/B2” so that students can be reintegrated into a Francophone education system in the future.
As reading literature is an essential cultural link with learning a language, our students are expected to read several books per year - we work closely with Culture & Co to ensure that students read interesting and age-related novels, comics etc.
Our teachers support each student’s progress by providing opportunities to obtain early qualifications in ICGSE Second Language.