The curriculum is modeled by a hexagon with six academic areas surrounding the three core requirements.
Over the course of the two-year program, students:
- study six subjects chosen from the six subject groups
- complete an extended essay
- follow a theory of knowledge course (TOK)
- participate in creativity, activity, service (CAS).
- three of the six subjects are studied at higher level (courses representing 240 teaching hours)
- the remaining three subjects are studied at standard level (courses representing 150 teaching hours).
Subjects, other than languages, may be taught and examined in: