Anticipated Start Date: April 2017
The British International School Houston is a successful, growing school with a highly committed and motivated team of teaching professionals at its heart. Our close knit and supportive team is proud of our school and community, educating around 1000 young people from 54 nationalities each year. Over the last 4 years our IB students achieved an average point score of 36 and our IGCSE students achieved 63% A*/A across all entries. Each year, a high proportion of our students are accepted into top universities around the world.
This is an exciting time to join our community. We have just moved in to a brand new, state of the art facility, that is one of the world’s most pedagogically advanced campuses. As a result, we are looking for new colleagues who can help us make full use of our facility by being:
- Committed to a modern, constructivist, inquiry-based approach to learning;
- Experienced in working with a range of curricula;
- Committed to supporting all aspects of school life;
- Committed to their own professional learning and is up to date with the latest educational research;
- Organised, creative and motivated;
- An excellent communicator;
- A resilient, passionate and reflective practitioner;
- An inspiring, engaging and ambitious teacher;
- Supportive of the school’s vision of 21st Century education;
In addition to being highly successful in its own right, The British International School Houston is a member of Nord Anglia Education. This means you will join an internationally networked team where ideas, learning and best practice are shared with colleagues around the globe and where professional learning and career progression are supported and actively promoted.
In return for your passion in delivering a quality education, we offer a competitive salary.
Nord Anglia Education is an equal opportunities employer and observes and respects the laws, customs and cultures of the countries in which it operates.
Please send a letter of application, CV and details of at least two professional references via the 'Apply Now' link provided.