“This year our IB students have achieved excellent results, enabling them to get into their first choice of University and College courses. These incredible results are a true reflection of our hardworking students, dedicated, passionate and nurturing staff, loving and supportive parents and the strength of the programme at BISH.
The individuals of the class of 2017 have been rewarded for their hard work with amazing university placements and scholarships; they are a very special group of young adults.
- 23 offered places to study at the world’s top 100 universities.
- 12 offered places to study at the world’s top 25 universities.
- $1.4million in academic scholarships.
These are truly remarkable statistics by any measure. Access to the world’s best institutions is increasingly competitive. These days, good exam results are only the beginning; leadership ability, service learning, creativity and entrepreneurial skills are among the qualities leading universities now expect.
Congratulations to the Class of 2017, we wish you every success in your future.” Andrew Derry, Principal of The British International School of Houston said.
- Our students’ average score in the IB Diploma was 34, significantly ahead of the global average of 30 points.
- 12% of our students achieved over 40 points, almost double the world average. This is the level of attainment required to gain admission to the world’s elite universities, such as Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard and Stanford.
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, commonly referred to as the IBDP, is a two-year education programme for students age 16-19. The programme is commonly implemented in international schools and is a widely accepted and recognised qualification for entry into higher education and universities worldwide.