BIS Houston students recently returned from the Nord Anglia Education Performing Arts Festival. Our students had the opportunity to ignite their passion for creativity and performance at the second annual Nord Anglia Education Performing Arts Festival in collaboration with The Juilliard School. Hosted at North Broward Preparatory School (“NBPS”) near Miami, Florida, this was an exciting event where our students had the opportunity to experience the best of south Florida’s unique artistic culture while discovering new artistic possibilities.
From an orchestra comprised of over 100 students, to the best in dance and choreography, this festival was a real tribute to everything we love about the performing arts.
Thanks to our partners The Juilliard School for supporting and inspiring our students in the making of this festival and enhancing our curriculum throughout the year. The results have been spectacular. Our students at The Americas Performing Arts Festival wowed the crowds!
The Nord Anglia Performing Arts Festival is a dynamic program, that unites students ages 11-18 from Nord Anglia Education’s schools across the Americas. Students built relationships and expanded their artistry through engaging workshops, rehearsals, collaborative projects, and performances. Our students learnt from renowned educators and artists affiliated with The Juilliard School, with the trip culminating in a performance at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center.
Discovery and Young Artist* pathways
- Workshops with Juilliard affiliated artists
- Technique and performance masterclasses
- Day trip to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure
- Dinner cruise on beautiful South Florida waterways
- Music, dance and theatre professional performances
- Performances by Juilliard alumni
- Dance, drama, and music collaborative projects
- Social events with students from across the Americas
- Festival performance at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
* Young Artist pathway placement by video audition prior to the festival
Watch the highlights here.