We are delighted to congratulate BIS Houston class of 2021 and specially highlight seniors, Kyran and Idenya, on scoring a perfect 45, putting them in the top 1% of all IBDP students globally! By every measure, this is an outstanding achievement and we are incredibly proud of each and everyone of our students!
Head Girl, Kyran, intends to study at the University of Amsterdam and Student Senior Leader, Idenya, at Wesleyan University.
It's always impressive to highlight these exceptional students, however, collectively our Class of 2021 achieved one of our school’s strongest results with an IBDP average score of 37 points, 4 points higher than this year’s IBDP global average of 33.
In addition, two students attained a near perfect score of 44 points; putting them in the top 2% of all IBDP students globally.
Other highlights include:
- 27% of students achieved 40 points or more, a result achieved by just 9% of IBDP graduates worldwide this year. This level of attainment provides our students with the opportunity to gain admission into elite universities across the globe and, along with our outstanding overall pass rate, demonstrates how BIS Houston supports every student in achieving exceptional academic results.
- Nearly 80% of our students scored on or above the worldwide average.
- 7 of our students obtained a bilingual diploma, which requires literature qualifications in two languages and acquisition of an additional language, giving them a significant advantage when choosing universities and entering employment around the world.
- 98% IBDP pass rate, compared to the world average of 89% in 2021.
- An impressive 100% IBCP pass rate.
We continue to see our IB graduates gain access to some of the world’s top universities both within the United States and across the globe. Our students consistently receive multiple offers from prestigious academic institutions and top universities around the world, and this year is no exception, including Oxford University, King's College London and University of California, Berkeley. The class of 2021 has also received over $1.65 million in scholarships.
As a family of schools, it’s our best year ever for IB! Our Nord Anglia Education students achieved a 98% pass rate with a 36.2 average score, both well above the global average. We are also exceptionally proud that twenty of our students even earned a perfect score of 45! Read more here.
Not only are these impressive and outstanding results, in another challenging year, but a true testament of the dedication and resilience of our world class students and teachers at BIS Houston.
Recognised in more than 100 countries worldwide, the IB programme is one of the most highly-regarded international curricula, well known for its breadth and academic rigour, which nurtures a global outlook and prepares students for success at university and in their working lives.
Discover more about the IB Diploma Programme at BIS Houston here:
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) is a two-year pre-university course for students aged 16-18. Universities worldwide respect the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) (IB) Programme as a challenging and desirable qualification and look for this credential on transcripts. IBDP provides a global education passport, equipping them to study anywhere in the world. This demanding course offers our students the opportunity to go above and beyond in their education.
As part of the Nord Anglia Education family of schools, BIS Houston students are provided unparalleled opportunities and enriched learning, with collaborations with the world’s best organizations - The Juilliard School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and UNICEF. Learn more here.