We encourage students to become partners in their education with teachers and parents. Your child will learn how to participate actively in the present while acquiring skills for the future.
- Our International Baccalaureate exam scores are among the top 3% in the world.
- Our five-year average score is 34, well above the global average of 30.
- Our breadth of Post-16 courses is unmatched in the Houston area.
- We offer the IB and IBCC, and were the first school in North America to introduce BTEC diplomas.
- Our students are accepted at some of the world's top universities and colleges, from West Point to Cornell, Imperial College London, and the University of Durham.
Overall our 2017 students achieved average points of 34, making our students among the highest scoring in the world yet again. 48% students had offers to study at the world’s top 25 universities, 92% students had offers to study at the world’s top 100 universities, 28% students had offers to study medicine and collectively they were offered $1.3million in academic scholarships.
Our students' results for 2017 exceeded the UK average for GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education) and IGCSEs (International GCSE) with 87% students achieving 5A*- C grades and our overall pass rate was 99%, compared to the UK average of 66.3%.
The GCSE and IGCSE are internationally-respected qualifications studied by students aged 14-16 years old. Respected by employers and universities, they cover a broad range of core subjects including languages, humanities, social sciences, mathematics, creative, technical and vocational. Some of the most academically challenging qualifications currently on offer to 14-16 year old students worldwide, many candidates go on to study the International Baccalaureate.
The continued success in GCSE and IGCSE results is a testament of BISH’s high academic standards, excellent teaching and the hard work and dedication of students. Students continue to significantly outperform UK national averages, with attainment levels increasing year-on-year.
- 55% of all GCSE and IGCSE grades achieved by BISH students were at the highest levels of A* or A. This is 35% higher than the 2017 UK average of 20%.