The IBCC offers an exciting new opportunity for students to develop the skills necessary to pursue their chosen career.
The program is the first new course introduced by the International Baccalaureate Organization since 1968, and provides students with lifelong skills in critical thinking, applied knowledge, and communication.
The IBCC combines the academic challenge of the IB Diploma program with a program of career-related study to put students in a firm position to attain their career goals. This innovative approach to education is adaptable to different cultures, backgrounds, and learning styles, and is highly desired by reputable employers and universities.
The IBCC requires students to study:
- At least two Diploma Programme courses either at higher or at standard level
- An IBCC core that includes approaches to learning, community and service, language development and a reflective project
- An approved career-related study
The IBCC enables students to:
- Develop a broad range of career-related competencies and to deepen their understanding in general areas of knowledge
- Prepare for effective participation in an ever-changing world of work
- Foster the attributes of the learner profile allowing students to become true lifelong learners willing to consider new perspectives
- Engage in learning that makes a positive difference to future lives
- Become a self-confident person ready for life in the 21st century