Steps Toward Admission: High School Grades 9-12
Below are the steps to take to ensure you’ll be prioritized for admissions consideration, while also receiving timely and thorough answers to the questions important to you.
1. Submit a Request For Information
Schedule a visit of our campus, or schedule a telephone conversation with our admissions office. This ensures your request will be handled as quickly as possible.
2. If Possible, Visit The Village School Campus.
If you’re able to visit The Village School in person, we highly recommend doing so. However, an onsite visit is not a required prerequisite to applying or being admitted.
3. Submit an Application for Admission
- Access and submit the online application
- Please be sure to attach a 2” x 2” student photograph to the application (will be a digital upload for online applications)
- An application fee of $200 payable to The Village School
4. Arrange for Admissions Testing
- Please register for and take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Examination).
- The ISEE is an achievement test and is more content-oriented, relating to what a student should know given their grade level. This test is norm-referenced with other private schools.
- You can register at http://www.erblearn.org for the ISEE. Our testing location code is 447518.
5. Prepare for your Student Interview
- The Admissions office will contact you to arrange an interview.
6. Request a Teacher Recommendation
- Please submit the Request for Student Transcripts & Records form to your child's current school. Request that all records and standardized test scores be sent to The Village School.
- Please also submit two (2) confidential teacher recommendation forms to your child's current school.
- The form should be mailed to The Village School by your child's current teachers.
After those steps have been taken, our admissions team will evaluate each candidate based on the application, the candidate’s school record, teacher recommendations, interviews and academic testing.
We wish you every success in the admissions process!
If you have any questions, and have already submitted a Request For More Information, please contact Amy DeBakey at 281-496-7900 extension 4104.