Individual student highlights include:
- Michael T. earned a perfect score of 45, an accomplishment done by only .12% of 2019 test-takers. This is the first ever perfect score for The Village School.
- Paschalis E. has a simliarly impressive performance with a score of 44.
- In total, seven students surpassed the world-class benchmark of 40 points: Jerry H., Caroline A., Evan B., Megan L. and Vy T. They will be commemorated on our wall of honor as 'Forty Club Members'.
Individual subject highlights include:
- In English, 29% of Literature students attained a top grade of a '7', with 63% either getting a 6 or a 7 (83% did in HL). In Language and Literature, 32% got the top two scores (52% did in HL).
- In Math, 100% of Further Math, 28% of HL, and 17% of SL students scored a 6 or a 7.
- In Science, 18% of Chemistry HL students and 16% of Physics HL students got a 6 or a 7.
- In World Languages, 92% of Spanish B HL students attained a 6 or a 7 (42% got a 7), as did 70% of Spanish SL students, 45% of French SLs and 38% of French HLs. 74% of English B students also gained a 6 or a 7.
- 36% of Economics students gained a 6 or a 7.
- In Social Sciences, 36% of Economics students earned a 6 or a 7 (56% in SL), as did 30% in Environmental Systems and Societies, 15% in History and 11% in Psychology.
- In Computer Science HL , 47% of students got a 7.
- 30% of Village students got an A or a B on the Extended Essay.
- 25% of Village students scored an A or a B on Theory Of Knowledge.
Congratulations Class of 2019, these accomplishments did not come easily and we are so proud of you!