Children are challenged to meet the highest standards of academic and personal achievement through the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) by leaders in the field of international education. The IPC provides the framework that educators require to facilitate, and that students need to navigate, a primary school education that fosters each student’s development into an aware and active global citizen.
As an international school, we place great importance on the learning of a second language and provide opportunities for pupils to acquire a high level of fluency. All children are required to take a second language and attend these classes daily.
NAISR’s Elementary School is committed to the academic and personal development that will provide your children with opportunities for:
- Success in the core academic subjects of Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies;
- Continued development of native and foreign language proficiency;
- Enrichment in music and art education and appreciation opportunities;
- Physical education lessons designed to enhance the development of motor and collaboration skills; team sports and after-school physical activities are offered after school;
- Working in small sized classes (max 24 children per class) with peers from all over the world;
- Independent academic development programs based on proficiency assessments;
- Active participation in field trips in the greater Rotterdam area as well as throughout the Netherlands;
- Further development as critical, independent thinkers and life-long learners;
- Embracing the components of the NAISR Core Values, which are designed to challenge each of us to be a caring, responsible, empathetic and accepting citizen of the world.
We invite you to learn more about our Elementary School by reviewing the Elementary School Handbook.