We hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Read below for the latest Global Campus news and updates.
As always, firstly log in to the Global Campus at the following site:
UPCOMING DATES AND DEADLINE
- 17th March – DCIS William Shakespeare Global Theatre Challenge deadline – videos to Ms Small asap!
- 18th March – DCIS Rube Goldberg Challenge deadline
- 21st March - Visual Arts competition launch
- 21st March - Creative Writing competition final winners announcement
- 31st March - Think Outside the Bucket challenge deadline
- CREATIVE WRITING COMPETITION - Congratulations to all students that worked so hard on their entries (and to those teachers that worked so hard on marking and judging!). The standard of work has been incredible this year, and we are pleased to showcase many entries which met the requirement online from Monday 14th. Log in to the Global Campus and the click the following link http://globalcampus.nae.school/course/view.php?id=225 . The unveiling of final winners that will be in the printed publication will take place on Monday 21st March.
- WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE GLOBAL THEATRE CHALLENGE - There are new teacher video resources for students available online, go have a look at your get your entries to Ms Small asap! Carla.email@example.com
- PRIMARY WORLD LANGUAGES - Discussion forums have been added for Spanish, German, Chinese, Italian, English, Japanese, Dutch and Thai. Please encourage students to post in these forums and practice their language skills. Language games have also been added.
- GLOBAL LIBRARY - Prizes to be won! Last term we awarded certificates of achievement to students who completed five or more quizzes in the Global Library, and a £25 Amazon gift voucher to those who had completed more than ten. This term, we want to recognise students whose interest and participation in the Global Library has grown the most. We will therefore be looking at visits to the online Library, the number of times quizzes have been attempted, and participation in forums. Winners will be shortlisted in early April.
- DEBATE LEAGUE - Round 3 is live, please remember to have main arguments posted in the next week or so to allow enough time for rebuttals.
- HEALTHY RECIPE BOOK - The Global Campus Primary Healthy recipe book is now live on the Primary Health area and will be shared with the school community via the school website. This included all entries to the Health forum before the deadline at the end of 2015. There are so many interesting recipes from all over the world. There is now a padlet for students to post photos of their attempts at trying other recipes, or posting new recipes of their own. Well done to all those who submitted a recipe!
- WORLDWIDE EXPEDITIONS – The deadline is fast approaching for Y8 and Y9 students to express an interest in going on the Alpine trip to Switzerland. Please let Mr Lim have your forms asap.
Have a great week all. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any queries you may have, and keep in contact! We love to see and hear what you have been up to with the Global Campus.
The Global Campus Team