This position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential functions:
Systems, Network and Infrastructure Management
- System administration of servers.
- Routine backup scheduling and testing.
- Monitors network connectivity and security.
- Manages reprographics to enhance printing and copying experience and reporting.
- Troubleshoots and resolves of technology in the school.
- Installs and improves computer software and network equipment.
- Installs, configures and manages mobile devices and Apple devices / computers
- Proactive by taking steps to ensure availability of IT Systems in the school.
- Identifies and disseminate information on new technology to assist teaching and learning in schools.
- Manages and formulates school IT CAPEX and OPEX in consultation with Senior Leadership Team
- Performs additional duties as identified and assigned.
Teacher Support - Software
- Work with teachers to understand software being used for teaching in various departments in the school.
- Assist teachers on a regular basis to effectively use available software for teaching and learning inside the classroom.
- Understand teaching needs with relation to IT and provides basic training and help documentation.
- Identifies software that is currently in use, level of usage and with teacher feedback, investigates new software tools that can be deployed for more effective teaching.
- Manage online subscriptions, tracks usage for reporting and with teacher feedback and investigates new resources.
- Understand and support mobile devices and MID software in use at the school.
Teacher Support - Hardware
- Understand the issues involved with troubleshooting and management of IT infrastructure, including wired and Wi-Fi network connectivity, Internet access, email, etc. with relation to teaching and education.
- Support school applications, user desktops / laptops, mobile devices, IWBs, projectors, audio video equipment.
- Respond to needs and questions of users concerning their access of IT resources via a help desk system.
- Help answer all trouble calls/emails and enter work orders into our tracking software.
- Support Hall / Outdoor A/V requirements for assembly and events.
- Assist the Music Department with their technology and audio/video equipment.
Asset & Vendor Management
- Inventory management of software licenses, software, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Manage purchase of software, hardware and other IT supplies and vendors.
- Manage and track business mobiles in use by members of staff.
- Promote responsible usage and care of company equipment.
- All staff are required to manage effective personal development as part of the Company’s commitment to invest in staff as the key resource in the organisation.
- All Staff must ensure that they meet their statutory responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and other relevant legislation, and should conform to professional and ethical requirements.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent plus three years of similar or related experience preferred.
- Should be experienced with Microsoft products. Must have a strong familiarity with PC hardware, software, and peripherals in a Windows Server environment and System Administration tasks.
- Self-motivated, initiative
- Tolerant and flexible, adjusts to different situations
- Organisation and prioritisation skills
- Use of judgement and ability to solve problems
Closing date: 31 January 2018
Please send a covering letter and cv to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org