The Year of Goat is nearly upon us as we approach a significant time of year for Vietnamese people. Over the last couple of weeks there has definitely been a Tet feel around the school. Last Saturday, our Tet festival was a great success with large numbers of the school community enjoying all the entertainment and activities on offer.
What was really satisfying was the fundraising that we did on the day to support our school charities when we organised the following activities:
- An art auction where BIS students’ artwork was sold and this raised 73,500,000VND
- A PTG Stall selling food and drinks and this raised 16,050,000VND
- A Student Council stall selling items that were donated by the school community and this raised 5,806,000VND
The charities we currently support are:
- School on The Boat
- Thinh Dai Pagoda
- Sympa Meals
- Tam Dao Bear Sanctuary
- RICE scholarship programme
- SOS Children’s Village Mai Dich
Our fundraising was a wonderful achievement by everyone involved and, hopefully, we can bring some comfort and happiness over the Tet period to people who are less fortunate than ourselves.
We would like to wish you all a wonderful Tet holiday with a Chuc Mung Nam Moi!