We’ve got mail! Chitra sent us news from Bangalore. Read her message on her life after HCMC.
This week Parent info is mostly reminders:
- June 8th : The leavers lunch (Registration link below)
- June 14th: Y6 parents' lunch with AP1/AP2 (please contact AP2 PTG to register)
- June 15th: 8am, canteen, meeting with Ms Mary to map next year's events
- June 16th: 11.30am to 1.30pm YEAR END POTLUCK LUNCH
Also Year 6 parents are quite excited about this upcoming Saturday night and the first Y6 leavers party for TX. The committee has worked for a few months now and in next week's issue you’ll know everything about it.
Have a lovely weekend.
Anne, on behalf of the Parent group.
Question box for the potluck
Not long ago, in the whatsapp group, some parents asked what we’ll do this time at the potluck. Well we are happy to present to you the "question box". Following up on Mr Steve and the community team "Would you kiss a pig or an elephant?" (http://txls2015-2016.blogspot.com/2016/05/the-tx-community-video-questionnaire.html) we are delighted to introduce the Question Box. You have until June 13th to write your question and leave it in the box. Your question can be addressed to someone in particular or not. On the 'Potluck Day', we’ll take some time to read all questions and listen to the answer. Children can participate too. Be creative and funny too! The box will be available in the foyer starting on Monday 6th June.
Hello from India
"As many of you know we moved out from BIS TX and HCMC on the 14th May and it's now been 2 weeks in India away from all the lovely friends in HCMC.
Abhinav and Anakha have started their new school year as here the school starts in June. They are both excited about their new school, new teacher, new friends, new books and new circumstances. Although initially they were apprehensive about the move and the school, now they have started enjoying it. But both of them miss BIS very much. Especially Mr Mike and Mr Andy; Abhinav said his new teacher is as kind as Mr Mike!
I personally am looking forward to meeting up with my fellow parents and have lots of ideas of parents' activities thanks to our lively enthusiastic parents of TX.
The climate here now is of monsoon and it reminds us of the heavy rains in HCMC and we are excited about the new life here back with our family.
Wishing everyone in TX happy holidays and all the best.
Chitra from Bangalore, India"
The leavers lunch at Ocean Palace:
Leaving Vietnam or leaving TX, it’s time for you to share one more lunch with the parents who are staying. We’ll have Chinese cuisine this time and the dress code is, "FLORAL". More information, following the registration link:
1. Thursday 9th of June: French pianist Célimène Daudet will perform at the Opera House with HCMC Ballet Symphony Orchestra and Opera. Time and booking information at, http://anyarena.com/en/events/the-opera-house-hcmc-saigon-a-night-of-french-music_12163#1465478160
2. June 3rd to 17th: Photo exhibition by Florian Nguyen at Idecaf. The exhibition will display 21 artworks depicting childhood memories of the immigrated Vietnamese generation. FREE entrance.
Activities for children:
1. Yoga is not only for adults, it’ll benefit children to. If you want your child to try, Yoga kids have a few more sessions on 11th, 12th and 18th of June. You need to register as the classes are booked really quickly. More information at, https://www.facebook.com/events/1302084479821015/
2. Children aged 2 to 5: Saigon Kids Club has a summer program (morning or full day) starting on the 22nd July until 26th August. More details at, http://www.kidsclubsaigon.com and http://media.wix.com/ugd/b7479f_e41147e4dc1c4a44a646b9ffad75eac7.pdf
The Museum of Vietnamese Traditional Medicine (also called FITO) is located close to TX. More than 3000 items are displayed. The building itself is worth the trip. The visit is made with a guide who will explain many things on traditional medicine through the ages and also will answer your questions. The visit ends up with a tea tasting.
Location: 41 Hoang Du Khuong Street, Ward 12, District 10, HCMC.
- Adults: 50,000 VND
- Children (less than 1.2 m): 25,000 VND