This time is as special for children of our community partners as it is for everyone else in Vietnam. Tết is a time of happiness but it can also be a time of family and financial pressures. One way that we can support our partners and their families is by running the annual Tết collection. This year the collection was run differently and BIS HCMC students, staff and parents made beautiful boxes of gifts for the children.
Inside the gift boxes were toys, stationery and fun things for children from a variety of ages.
This year, our school community showed great care and compassion towards our partners by donating an exceptional amount of boxes for them to enjoy during this important time. The response from each campus has been overwhelming!
On each campus the community department were lucky to have students help count and organise the collection. A big thank you to the Community Committee at Secondary and the House Captains at Junior for their support throughout this project!
Primary – 336 boxes!
Secondary – 228 boxes!
Where possible, our BIS HCMC students have donated the boxes during community clubs and projects. Boxes have been, and are still being delivered to the following partners:
- Binh An School – Project Impact, Swimming Club, Football Club, Chess Club
- Binh Tho School – Growing Minds Club, Friendship Club, Busy Hands
- Binh Trieu School – Learn and Play Together Club
- Mai Tam House of Hope – Year 10 Tet party
- Mai Am Boys Shelter – Mai Am Club
- Poussières de Vie Center – Phan Huy Ich School
- Christina Noble Children’s Foundation – Swimming Club
- Anh Minh School for the Hearing Impaired
- Ky Quang Pagoda II, Go Vap
- Nhat Hong Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Katie Walsh at the Secondary Campus also asked parents to support with creating Tet handbags full of toiletries and goodies for the women of our community partners! Over 20 bags were given out to women at Thien Phuoc Foster Home, PDV and Mai Tam House of Hope.
Our community partners are extremely thankful for the contributions of BIS HCMC students, staff and parents.
On behalf of the Community Team we would like to say thank you to everyone who has supported the collection this year. With the support of the whole BIS community, we really can make a difference!
Clover Sharman, Community Service Projects Manager