“Once again, I am extremely pleased to recognise the outstanding IBDP results that the ‘Class of 2018’ has achieved. I am so honoured to be the Principal of a school that shows so much ambition and perseverance to achieve this consistent level of success. I sincerely applaud the hard work and dedication of our students along with the support given to them by our excellent staff. Our parents will be very proud and deservedly so, as they have played such a pivotal role in their child’s success. BIS HCMC goes from strength to strength and it is all down to the wonderful people that make up our vibrant community.” Anthony Rowlands, Principal of British International School, HCMC.
About the IB Diploma
The IB Diploma Programme is an internationally recognised qualification for admission into higher education. This intensive programme not only provides the academic knowledge and skills required for further education but offers our students the opportunity for personal growth to become responsible members of their communities.
“Independent research confirms that the IB improves students’ academic achievement, as well as their probability of high school graduation and college enrolment, and it is clear that our students are better prepared to succeed in post-secondary settings”. Dr Siva Kumari, IB Director General.
Each student undertaking the full IB diploma will study 6 individual subjects with a maximum of 7 points awarded in each, as well as 3 core requirements. A full IB Diploma is awarded for those students who achieve 24 points or more up to a maximum of 45 points.
2018 IB Results Highlights
Our 2018 IBDP results showcase a number of impressive statistics for our cohort, both as a group and also on an individual level:
- Anh Tuan Le, succeeded in scoring a perfect score of 45, putting him amongst the top 0.2% of students worldwide.
- BIS HCMC students achieved a 100% pass rate topping the global average pass rate of 78.4%. This is a testament to our Be Ambitious philosophy, highlighting that there is no limit to what our students can achieve.This achievement is particularly remarkable as we had our largest graduating class to date.
- Our students' average score in the IB Diploma was 36.4, significantly ahead of the 2018 global average of 29.8 points.
- 23.9% of our students achieved 40 points or more. This level of attainment provides our students with the opportunity to gain admission into the world's elite universities, including Cambridge, Oxford, Harvard and Stanford.
- Our students received over 500 university offers with scholarships worth a total of US$ 1.5 million.
The BIS HCMC average score of 36.4 points compares extremely favourably with the global average of 29.8. These impressive results give our students access to the very best universities worldwide, including prestigious Ivy League colleges in the United States and Russell Group universities in the United Kingdom.
Our average score continues to benchmark higher than the global average year-on-year, which serves to highlight the excellent academic standards of our school and the calibre of our students in comparison to other international schools in Vietnam and indeed globally.
This continued academic success is a testament to the dedication and hard work of our students during their time at BIS HCMC and through a particularly challenging programme of education, our teachers who drive these exceptional results by encouraging and inspiring our students to be the best they can possibly be and our parents who provide unwavering support.
Our students, teachers and parents working together alongside an internationally respected curriculum in first class facilities ensures that we continue to offer educational opportunities to BIS HCMC students that is unrivaled by other IB schools across the globe.